Problem with EOC patch 2

More
19 years 3 months ago #18332 by Biggs
the game runs fine without being patched. but after i patch it, it goes through the opening movie and everything fine and plays the main menu sound, but keeps a black screen and locks up the computer

any suggestions?

oh yea..new here so 'ello all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12182 by Second Chance
Hi Biggs.

That sounds very strange. Like the patch got corrupted during install or something. I can only suggest reinstalling and repatching. But there are probably plenty of other people here with better troubleshooting ideas than that. I would wait for one of them before doing it. This sounds like something MajorTom might know about.

What OS are you using? And post some system specs (vid card, sound card, etc), that'll help get to the answers faster.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 3 months ago #12183 by Biggs
Replied by Biggs on topic Problem with EOC patch 2
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.70GHz
Memory: 246MB RAM
video Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
sound card: Realtek AC97 Audio
windows xp
not the greatest system...should've included this in the first post but i was in a hurry

More
19 years 3 months ago #12209 by Biggs
i've tried downloading the patche a couple of times and installing it, it dosn't make a difference, and i can't figure out what the problem is, granted that i don't have much knowledge in this are

any advice or ideas would be appreciated

More
19 years 3 months ago #12211 by Second Chance
Bad timing. MajorTom is physically in the middle of moving right now. (And he seems to know more about these things than the rest of us.) Unless someone like Tarcoon or GrandpaTrout can help, you'll probably have to wait a week for him to get back.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 3 months ago #12213 by Biggs
alright, thats fine with me, it's just annoying because i downloaded the buda5 ingame mod..around 200 megs on a 56k modem lol

thanks for telling me second chance