A problem with StationAssault

More
20 years 1 month ago #17972 by Ornedan
I've come across a possible bug with StationAssault (version being the one available from this site). So far, none of the stations that have been destroyed have respawned. Whenever SA gives the RC incremented notice, it stays at one and the notices don't start appearing until I've docked once. Ie. the rebuilding counter never reaches 30.

Does anyone else have this problem? (and if anyone has, then any solutions that have been found?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9076 by Ornedan
After fooling around with the script a bit, I think the problem is that the new value for the rebuilding counter doesn't get saved. I could be wrong, since this is the first time I looked at the .pog files.

Could some experienced modder give their opinion?

More
20 years 1 month ago #9142 by Ornedan
Help, please?
Was this the wrong section to make a post on mods?

More
20 years 1 month ago #9143 by andrewas
Possibly the wrong section. But an error this basic would have shown up long before now if it was in the script.

Which means its some weirdness in your system. What other mods do you have installed - multimod is present? Path 14.6 is installed? Any other weirdnesses you have noticed? If everything seems right, the least worst course of action would be to reinstall the game from scratch.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9144 by MajorTom
The European version (regional settings) of WinXP can cause some problems with the game.

You can read about it and perhaps use one of the fixes here:

mjrtom.bei.t-online.de/html/prob ... an_xp.html

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
20 years 1 month ago #9154 by Ornedan
Multimod is present, 14.6 installed, most other mods I've tried seem to be working fine (FutureTrader, iFleet and a few tweak mods)

I tried the regional settings switch, though I'm running on W2K. Didn't help, although I did at least get the alternate loader screen :)

Will try re-installing.

Edit:
Reinstalling didn't work. And spamming debug outputs into StationAssault revealed that for some reason, Object funtion calls don't work.