Epic Status (large pictures)

More
19 years 11 months ago #10256 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Subsim damage is Elite style. The AI repair just as fast as you . Well, the more advanced ones have really great auto-repair, whilst the not-so-great ones have auto-repair 1.

At the moment i have implimented a system i hope works. I have made quad packs , tri packs and twinpacks have an armour value and repair rate = to those of the AI weapon subims (they do not have missile launchers, just things like 'nps_missile_boat_mag'). However, the repair rate of the actuall players missiles (not the launchers) is about 2 seconds to get from 0 to full. Will this result in the affect i want? given that the computer weapon subsims repair at the same rate as my launchers?

I.e., player gets a hard hit by a few pbc's and his tri-pack goes down, but the missiles are fully healed. Can his missiles fire?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10579 by GrandpaTrout
I am going to put the Epic update in this thread, since it is less than a year old (sigh).

Right now working on balancing the main ship classes. Because the game is a bit more real time strategy oriented, the player ships need to be reduced in ability. More like the AI ships. At the same time, some AI behavior is getting reworked.

Sensors take on a larger role. AI will not fire on a ship it cannot see with its sensors. It will not fire if it cannot ID a ship. Scouting targets is an important tactic for longer range missile duels.

Some adjustments are being made to the subsystem damage mod. Basically ship combat will be much less about blowing up hull hitpoints, as it will be about destroying opponents subsystems. And protecting your own.

Combat is more tactical. Ship speeds and weapon damages are a little lower to give the pilot a moment to think. And you will need it. All weapons have "sweet spots" where they are best used, and it will be critical to get a weapon into the right place at the right time.

Because combat is so important to this first mercenary phase, these changes needed to be done to keep the game fun.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 10 months ago #10581 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Sounds interesting. However, i would like a game where i have to get *angry* to win.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10598 by GrandpaTrout
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate..."

-Gtrout

More
19 years 10 months ago #10603 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Heh. You should try my conversion. At the current status as an advanced patcom, loading out 4 gattling canons is a good idea. Later on you can get 3 assult cannons (much improved, muwhahaH), and if you manage to get your hands on a level 5 heat sink, you can *just* take the heat from all 3 of the weapons combined.

Its a feeling that lasts >89

More
19 years 10 months ago #10608 by GrandpaTrout
Yeah, I expect my taste in combat might be a bit off the normal. I am a bit more of an RTS player than a frantic death match player. But the lucky thing is that Epic is designed to use one main file to control all the ships placed into the game. So if you don't like what I like, you just have to change the ships used.

If all works as planned, it should be simple to change the game to be like Elite, your mod, or even Buda5.

-Gtrout