Epic Status (large pictures)

More
19 years 10 months ago #10612 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Oh i know what you mean completly. I *love* to go on missions with my heavy corrvette...loaded up with a lil-bit-of-everything and then having to use really drastic complicated stratergies and tactics to overpower the enemy. Thing is, when i made my mod to maximise on that abilty....being an advanced patcom was pointless.

So i went back to the drawing board and balenced it *again* and have managed to create something a lil more balenced between the two styles of thinking.

I am interested in this 'sensor' thing. If I was to inculde your work in my mod, would it result in some of the missions not working? I too have changed the sensors. I noticed that all of the upgrades went in an 'straight line' on the graph....So i changed their values into a more realistic 'curve'. With the shape of the curve being decided by the kind of technology.

For increase for the range passive sensors gets less and less the higher-tech one goes, because as objects get further and further away the rate at which the 'visual size' changes is also a curve that levels off.
However, the passive identification range, although a curve on the graph also, does not curve '' going up and to the side '' but '' going sidewards and then curving up faster ''

This has resulted in some interesting differences between technology and a great in-game feeling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10627 by GrandpaTrout
The curve shape sounds cool. Sadly, these changes require junking all the old traffic scripts. Not really compatable with the old game at all.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 10 months ago #10629 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Well, it doesnt have to affect the traffic scripts. All of my modding is simply with the text files. I manualy printed of a graph and then drew curves that looked right...then went back into the text files and edited in the new details.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 9 months ago #11024 by Hendar23
This looks fab. I've been playing X2 which is good, but the flight/physics model is pants (to put it lightly). News of this mod has brought me back to I-War. If it can deliver half what it promises, it's gonna give the space-sim genre a severe kick up the arse. You guys deserve more coverage!

(My first ost here.....awwww...[:I])

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11025 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Welcome. And whilst this is in production hopefully you might get to try my mod when it is released. I have decided to call it AiSoB, As it should of been.....also known as .. AI Son of a bitch!, which is something i said to my self when i had to take on certain larger ships at one stage.

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 9 months ago #11152 by GrandpaTrout

If it can deliver half what it promises

Yes, but delivery is the hard part. So no coverage until the beastie really works. I wish X2 had a better combat model. I could live with the square grid world. They should call over and get the loan of a few Iwar developers who need a break from coding Bionicle games.

-Gtrout