file Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari

More
16 years 5 months ago #19030 by NugentS
Guys,

I am playing this game again on a nice modern computer under XP and it seems to run fine (with occasional pauses).

However playing this mission and the game just crashes. I arrive in the system, take out the mines and (normally) take out the corvettes after the friendly freighters arrive. However at some point, before getting out the view changes and then the game crashes...

Is there a way of editing the savegame / marking the mission as complete so I can get past this issue which is annoying the hell out of me... I have tried reinstalling, repatching, removing mods etc - but nothing seems to work.

I could I suppose download a savegame - but I have put a lot of work into err rubbish collection and cleaning up the spaceways that I would not like to loose (I guess Maas really can't like me).

Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #16666 by wmdragon
Replied by wmdragon on topic Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari
you have the latest game version, right?

interesting, just last night this mission went completely weird on me too, ending in a game + computer freeze. I cleared the mines and killed the enemies, when the next objective (leaving the system thru the L-point) came on I tried to dock to my far away base (i.e. the F8 return home shortcut) and my ship got stuck on the same spot near the L-point, even though it kept going into LDS and displaying motion lines. the camera view got messed up too. after much frustrated button pressing the game froze.

next time I'll try to leave the system by choosing a normal destination, instead of the home base shortcut.

More
16 years 5 months ago #16667 by NugentS
Replied by NugentS on topic Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari
Yes - I have the latest game version... F14.6 or some similar number. I even applied the Jackson patch on top of it.

Is this mission nessesary - I'd be quite happy to miss it out if I can...

BTW - mine crashes in a similar way - BUT - before I try to jump out - so it isn't (for me) the process of pressing a key to jump back home. The screen shows a "wrong" view and the game continues for 5-10 seconds after that and then just dies. It does however sound very similar...

Regards

Sean

More
16 years 5 months ago #16668 by wmdragon
Replied by wmdragon on topic Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari
yes, it does sound very similar. we could be in for a lot of frustration then. I have only gotten to that point once, I'll keep trying and let you know. I will also try to formate with one of the departing freighters instead of jumping out of the system by myself.

good news is, no other Act 2 mission requires this mission according to the walkthru, so maybe it's optional. if the bug keeps blocking me I'll just work on all the other missions and see what happens. good luck, fellow pirate.

More
16 years 5 months ago #16669 by NugentS
I have tried formatting with a departing freighter - no good.

However - as you say I seem to be able to continue (so far) without completing the mission - so hopefully all is OK..

Sean

More
16 years 5 months ago #16670 by NugentS
Pirate!!!!

I am not a pirate - I see myself as a humble civil servant keeping the space lanes clear of everyone else's rubbish that they just happen to drop - conveniantly when I am around

Sean