file Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari

More
5 years 4 months ago #20715 by Actium
Replied by Actium on topic Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari
My somewhat educated guess would place the bug related to an external library. When I first played the game 12+ years ago on Windows XP, I've completed the mission hassle-free. Ever since Windows Vista (or 7?) and now even on Linux with Wine, the bug occurred reliably, with the EoC executable being identical.

Don't waste your time trying to debug an almost two decade old application, it would be much better spent on your remake ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #20716 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari
XD well, I haven't actually even fired up the game in quite a long time. When I'm not at school or playing World of Warships or KSP, I do spend my time on the remake ;)

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
5 years 4 months ago #20717 by schmatzler

Actium wrote: @schmatzler: Maybe it's worth it to add this workaround to the FAQ to make sure no one playing this game will get stuck on it. I'd write a paragraph you could add, if you're interested.

Hello,
sorry for the late reply. Damn real life. :P

I will add a paragraph to the FAQ, if you write something up. ;)

Space. The final frontier.

More
5 years 4 months ago #20718 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari
THIS ONE SIMPLY TRICK CAN PREVENT CATASTROPHE TO YOUR GAME!!!

how's dat ;)

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
4 years 9 months ago #20754 by Actium
Replied by Actium on topic Act 2 - Backdoor to Mwari
So I finally got to "writing it up". I don't know if you need HTML, so I just copy'n'pasted from the FAQ to hopefully make your life easier:
<h5 class="g">Act 2 - Mission 8 Corporate Holdings</h5>
<div class="posts"><strong>Q. My game crashes during this mission. What to do?</strong></div>
<div class="answer">A. Completing this mission is optional to the progression of Act 2.
There are no known side-effects to not completing this mission.</div>
<div class="answer">Alternatively, you can use the following workaround to complete the mission while avoiding the crash: Jump from Pestur to Dadgda Alpha Prime to trigger the mission, then immediately jump back to Pestur without destroying the mines. Wait in Pestur for the mission to complete (the "destroy mines" objective will fail, but the remaining objectives will complete and Jarvis will thank you).</div>

I also wrote a small reference for the walkthrough:
<b>Mission 8 Corporate Holdings</b>
<p><b>Note:</b> This mission may crash EoC. See the FAQ for a <a href="/documents/help/faq/faq-acts-2-3">workaround</a>.</p>
<p><b>Activation Info:</b> System: Dagda Prerequisites: + You need to must complete Act Two Mission 18 to trigger this mission.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan, schmatzler

More
4 years 9 months ago #20758 by schmatzler
Thank you! I will add your solution this weekend. (Sorry, lot of time constraints right now...)

Space. The final frontier.