please help- marauder HQ

More
19 years 9 months ago #18220 by smshmthfn1127
i cant get a flitter!!!!!!!!!! please tell me how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V]

no emailing or iming,just use a reply please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11475 by b
Replied by b on topic please help- marauder HQ
what exactly is the trouble? are you getting killed? can you not find the flitters? how far do you get in the mission before you run into problems? there are mission scripts you can find from the home page of this website... but be careful with the scripts cuz they can spoil the fun...

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11477 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic please help- marauder HQ
hi smshmthfn1127,

there are six contacts on your contactlist, check them all. You'll find the station with the flitters.

Line up your ship with the flitters and the station, with a distance of 6000/7000 meters to the flitters. There are some guards around, avoid to come into their sensor-range. Check the system of their course and close up to the flitters when the guards distance is increasing. Move slowly and dock to the flitter, then turn away from the station and slowly move out. Keep an eye on the guards and their distance.

Does it solve your problem?

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 9 months ago #11479 by smshmthfn1127
ok, but do i wait for the guards 2 leave? cuz when I get there they are flying away.

i can find the station easy, but when I get to close to the flitters I get spotted.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11480 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic please help- marauder HQ
Hhm, it's some days ago I've played this mission.

The guards won't leave the area, but they move around and are close to the flitters, then move closer to the station and come back to check the flitters again. You should try to reach and dock the flitter when the guards are closer to the station.
You should manage to keep a distance of maybe 5000 meters to the guards and move slowly. If you speed up their sensors will detect you and if you come too close they'll recognize you too.
It's a matter of patience and timing.

Choose best signalmask and "stealth" loadout - it's not the correct term but I guess you know what I'm talking about.
There is a stealth/camouflage program for your CPU too.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11482 by b
Replied by b on topic please help- marauder HQ
hi,
although it is important to have the stealth loadout, stealing the flitters does not involve waiting for the guards to leave... you have to worry about waiting for guards when you steal the field generators. however, when stealing anything from these bases it is good to follow a couple of key steps.

first you must drop out of LDS well before the autopilot does it for you, i usually disengage autopilot at about 50km from the base. second step is to position yourself so that the item you want to steal is in between you and the base/enemies. you will be fine if you use your thrusters outside a 10km radius from any enemy ship. so scroll the target list until you find the item you are stealing, keep it selected while you thruster around til the item is directly between you and the base. then simply fly straight toward the item and you will be outside the radar range of the enemies.

like Tarcoon said though, timeing is critical for stealing the field generators, when you are flying straight for the generators make sure you stop and wait for the guards to fly back toward the base, after which you can continue on.

hope that helps...

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.