please help- marauder HQ

More
19 years 9 months ago #11483 by Stephen Robertson PS
I designed and scripted that mission, and 'b' has got the techniques I hoped players would use just right!

I can tell you that the stealth detection in this mission is (as 'b' probably suspected) just a simple distance check. It's 6km, OR if you fire when there are other ships in range.

So stay 6km away from enemy ships, and don't shoot and you'll be alright.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11484 by b
Replied by b on topic please help- marauder HQ
Stephen:
is the stealth detection settings on this mission similar to those on most other "stealthy" missions? cuz i noticed that even within 10km of enemies i can use all the thruster and fire off cannons and stuff all i want and still remain undetected... it just seems like all the comments from Clay kind of scare ya into thinking you need to go really slow and careful, so i was surprised to find out all the stuff i can get away with.

btw: some of the lines Smith says in this mission are hilarious. i about wet myself when he was talking about "slipping in and out like crap through a goose". :D

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11485 by Stephen Robertson PS
I wrote the original dialogue for the mission, but a writer went through it and added some of the jucier dialogue.

The whole stealth thing was originally going to be a large part of the gameplay, with 'proper' stealth based on heat, brightness, thruster usage, etc.

However it proved very difficult to balance for missions, and in most cases a simple distance check and a 'has fired' for weapons used instead. That way it was easier for the player, and more obvious why they'd been detected.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

More
19 years 9 months ago #11486 by smshmthfn1127
are the guards the "security patrols"?

no emailing or iming,just use a reply please

More
19 years 8 months ago #11487 by b
Replied by b on topic please help- marauder HQ
remember, there are no guards to worry about when stealing the flitters. in fact the flitters are quite a good distance from the base, so if you have maneuvered yourself so that the flitters are directly inbetween you and the base there is no worry of being detected when you approach.

if you are still having trouble, then post an explanation of how far you have gotten and what you are doing when you fail the mission. according to what Stephen is saying you will never be detected if you stay 6km away from the enemies...

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.

More
19 years 8 months ago #11489 by smshmthfn1127
but aren't the flitters enemies?