please help- marauder HQ

More
19 years 8 months ago #11493 by b
Replied by b on topic please help- marauder HQ
no, they are not. the only flitters that you will be able to steal will show up in yellow in your contact list (not red). they are located at the Marauder Shipyard. when you approach them, a short cutscene will begin, and Clay says he sees the flitters and Smith will say that you should go steal one. also, when you approach closer another cutscene will start and Clay will say something about the Marauders working on a large Cruiser, do not inspect the Cruiser, just ignore it and continue docking with one of the flitters. once you've docked Clay and Smith will have a bunch of dialog and all you have to do is turn and leave the area. and thats it conserning the flitters, there is a bunch more you have to do to complete the mission but i won't spoil it for you. make sure you have visited all of the comms relay waypoints, there is a cutscene that accompanies each waypoint when you have thoroughly investigated it.

if you still have trouble, post a detailed explanation of when and where in the mission you run into problems. tell us what appears on your "objectives list"; what you need to acomplish and what you've already acomplished.

good luck.

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 8 months ago #11524 by b
Replied by b on topic please help- marauder HQ
smshmthfn1127, i was just wondering if you accomplished the mission? how did it go?

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.

More
19 years 8 months ago #11555 by EndersGame
Replied by EndersGame on topic please help- marauder HQ
Stephen its good knowing a dev visits these boards.. my problem is that I can not advance on the mission where you have to discover the maurader base mission 2-22 i believe. Its the one titled "wolfs lair" I get to the "hidden" l grande point and hide in the "junk" and then the transport appears... but when I get next to it, it simply remains there.

No matter how long a remain next to the transport it just remains there.... How do I get past this?

Would me having mods installed effect this? I dont have any mods that effect "cargo transports" other than custom jafs. I also have the nav lights mod but nothing that specifly edits this.. I did replace the contents of the defaults.ini file with the dev scripted one.

Would it be possible to enable REM all and view all contacts and just fly the freighter to the station?

More
19 years 8 months ago #11568 by Stephen Robertson PS
Hi,

I'm not sure what's going wrong with Wolf's Lair. Some mods can affect the behaviour of AI ships, but the one's you're running shouldn't have that effect. However if you're having problems it's probably a good idea to turn off all mods for the duration of the mission. Note that to deactivate a scripted mod you'll have to turn it off and exit the game then restart, because the scripted pog packages can't be unloaded once they're in memory.

It might be worth going back a couple of saved games and see if the mission triggers correctly and works too.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.