Rising the Ante: Help

More
20 years 5 months ago #7676 by Maahes
Replied by Maahes on topic Rising the Ante: Help
I read a tip somewhere that firing an LDSI missile at the freighter destroys any missiles in the blast radius. I never tried it so I cant say if it works, but give it a try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7684 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Rising the Ante: Help
I've used that so many times in general combat, but never thought to try it in this mission. Should come in handy at Mwari as well.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8922 by Ciberputa
Replied by Ciberputa on topic Rising the Ante: Help
I still stucked in this mission, I'm a dumb...
Let's see, always they destroy my wingmen, It does not matter if I order to dock or I order to defend, always are destroyed. And appears 4 waves... 24 missiles is not enough

More
20 years 2 months ago #8927 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Rising the Ante: Help
I've heard of an exploitable bug for that mission: Dock your wingmen to the freighter right after it loads up the antimatter, before it goes into LDS. That will keep it from loosing the containment field (even if you undock them after an attack has started.)

I agree, that mission is the one I hated in the EOC game, and I nearly gave up the game because of it.
Stick with it though, you'll be glad you did.

Try using disruptor missiles for the enemies (Then move in closer and blast them with gatlings) Also, fire an LDSi missile at the freighter every once in a while, to destroy any incoming enemy missiles.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8930 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Rising the Ante: Help
Do you stuck over two months on this mission?

Keep cool through this mission, timing is relevant.
Dock your wingmen to the freighter to stabilize the antimatter containment field. Don't use them to attack the marauders.
The marauders start a swarm of missiles, pretty far away from the freighter. Stay cool, let them come in, aim the freighter and launch a LDSI missile short before the missiles reach the freighter.
Don't move too fast (don't overshoot the marauders), coming close start one disruptor on the first marauder (four waves = four disruptors/the first marauder will stop and fall behind the others) and keep your gunbabes docked (rapid fire pbc's are a good loadout) - they'll attack the closest enemy. Try to get behind the marauders and leave the disrupted one for your gunturrets. Use your quad light pbc while recharging the rapidfire pbc's.
Come back to the freighter and wait for the next wave.

Firing a LDSI missile for destroying incoming (and outgoing!:(!) missiles works very well. It often saves my back.
IMO Gatlings are not the first choice for the gunbabes - the girls are very trigger happy - they waste too much ammunition. If you use two Gats as main weaponary for your ship you'll have 500 rounds per wave. Only fire when you are sure to hit something.

I can't remember how many marauders come in per wave? Two should be easy, three is demanding and four may be hard:)

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 2 months ago #8931 by Ciberputa
Replied by Ciberputa on topic Rising the Ante: Help
Five marauders fo every horde ;)

I'll try it again...

No, I did not play all this time every day to pass this mission :D