Act 1 -- Taking out cruisers

More
16 years 11 months ago #16493 by drmike
Replied by drmike on topic Act 1 -- Taking out cruisers
Good story eh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16590 by GODzilla
An easier way to solve this missions: You don't need to lure them away. Just take on the freigther, make him dump his cargo, then run like hell until you're out of the LDS blocking field and activate LDS. Cruise away for a few seconds, then break off and return. The cruisers will begone.

Worked in 2/2 missions of this kind for me. ;)

GODzilla (TM)

"<font color="red">To</font id="red"> <font color="green">the</font id="green"> navy catch <font color="violet">me</font id="violet">, <font color="brown">if</font id="brown"> <font color="gold">you</font id="gold"> <font color="orange">can!</font id="orange">"

GODzilla (TM)

"<font color="red">To</font id="red"> <font color="green">the</font id="green"> <font color="blue">navy</font id="blue"> <font color="yellow">catch</font id="yellow"> <font color="violet">me</font id="violet">, <font color="brown">if</font id="brown"> <font color="gold">you</font...

More
16 years 5 months ago #16698 by BlasterMaster555
Yea, I did that too. Slam the freighter, boost out of LDSi, hit LDS, accelerate slow, turn around, punch it and let the LDSi field stop you. The cruisers get overenthusiastic and LDS away far ahead of you, so far they go off the map!

All power to the engines!!!

More
16 years 5 months ago #16699 by BlasterMaster555

Originally posted by drmike

I just finished the fuel pellets mission, and there is a way you can kill or at least scare off the three cruisers. The key is that they are not particularly maneuverable, and you have sweet lateral movement. First get the freighter to drop her cargo, and then lure the cruisers a bit of a way away. Back up far enough from them and they will stop chasing you and rest in a triangle formation. at this point, select the closest one and sneak up on it. Go slowly, because once you get to a certain distance away it will see you and come after you. Make sure you're careful and don't get close enough to the others such that they come after you too. Once you've got one of the cruisers in tow, lure him far enough away from his buddies so you can take him out without alerting them. There are two ways you can do this. First, have like forty hammer rockets (because they're cheap) handy. The cruiser will approach you head on, and eventually get close enough so he can't fire on you, because his guns are on the sides of his ship. He'll just sit there like a big old cow. Now empty your twinpacks into him. Once he is almost kaput, he'll try to FTL out of there, but you can finish him off. So satisfying. The other way is to keep circling around and shooting him in the ass (or engines), which are unshielded. Use your lateral thrusters for this and it will be very easy. It's a bit unfair. Reminds me of when I learned how to take out a star destroyer all by myself in X-Wing.

Ah yes, the infamous circle strafe. Battlefield 2, attack chopper. The most annoying way for an enemy to take a command post. By circle strafing, you're almost invincible to being hit because of lateral movement and radial movement together. Also, you will always hit the center of your circle when shooting.