Act 1 -- Taking out cruisers

More
20 years 10 months ago #17770 by blackbeard
Hope you guys can help. I just recently began playing EOC, and I'm having a trouble with a couple of missions in Act 1. Both involve taking out three cruisers before "borrowing" some small arms and some reactor fuel pellets. I am trying very hard to trade for seeker type missles (or get them anyway I can). Is there any advice out there. (Otherwise, the game is going well -- the Stepson's have just sent an email requesting a meeting. Basically, I haven't been able to upgrade my ship's (tug) armaments even though I'm taking in a lot of cargo. Thx -- "Blackbeard" :D

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6238 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 1 -- Taking out cruisers
Hello Blackbeard. The mission you are speaking of is a sub-mission (kinda extra random mission which does not move the plot along... or really do anything else). It is also considered the most difficult mission in the game (since you're at such a low tech level in the game's beginning).

You can simply ignore this mission and it will go away, and not mess up your game at all. Or, if you feel up to the challenge, give it your best shot.

If you decide to attempt it, try this strategy; fire upon the freighter first, and get it to drop its cargo. Then tag the cargo and lead the cruisers off a good distance away. When the cruisers are at least 110 km away from the pod, call Jaffs. He'll not come anywhere near until the cruisers are 100 km away.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
20 years 10 months ago #6239 by blackbeard
Great!! Many thanks.:)

More
20 years 10 months ago #6241 by blackbeard
Thanks again Shane. With your advice, I was able to successfully complete both missions against the cruisers (fuel pellets and small arms). And I finally got some seeker missiles. It was really frustrating dancing around with those ships, firing every weapon (multiple hits), and watching their hull strength drop from 100 to maybe 99 or so.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6256 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 1 -- Taking out cruisers
That's one of the harder missions. Congrats... and glad to help.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
20 years 10 months ago #6300 by KSpecter
Huh. I've played through the game a dozen times by now and I've never gotten that mission! I'm going to have to manually turn it on one of these times..

-KS