Slogging through space is getting tiresome...

More
20 years 9 months ago #6782 by blackbeard
I've found that sometimes the F8 shortcut works and sometimes it doesn't. In my case, it seems to depend on where you are and how important it is that you actually go through the L-points on the way home. I always put it down to the game designers wanting to make sure you fully experience how "far" you're away from "home" and what possibly can happen on the way back. If it's just a simple trip (one or two L-points with no enemies), than the F8 shortcut appears to work. Just out of curiousity, have any of you guys ever run into an asteroid/rock while coming out of or getting into autopilot? This has happened to me twice now and it's a real day ruiner.

Is there something wrong with your sensors? It looks dangerous!

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6783 by EricMan64

OFFTOPIC: You know the little green squares at the top of the HUD? The second from the left has been brown/orange for a while now, and all my subsys are A-OK. ¿¿?¿?¿

It's been awhile since I've paid any attention to those squares, but I believe it's usual for one of them to be brownish. Could you check (from the engineering screen) which subsim it is?

More
20 years 9 months ago #6785 by NathanKell
One is for active sensors, which defaults to off.

www.battletechmodproductions.com/
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6787 by Andur
It's not that. From base, I full LDS on a random direction for 10 seconds, then hit F8, and it's 10 seconds back, then dock. Distance doesn't matter for me.

Maybe having Franklin Hoffer waiting for me around Lucrecia's with a destroyer and 2 patches has something to do with it?

On the brownish subsys: as I said, all systems are nominal. How do I tell the correlation from the HUD to the ENG screen?

More
20 years 9 months ago #6790 by NathanKell
That's what I mean: the active sensors system is the thing that's off, and is brown on the HUD display. :D

www.battletechmodproductions.com/

More
20 years 9 months ago #6793 by blackbeard
Out of curiousity, what do Active Sensors do exactly? That is, do they improve performance? Are they worth trading for? My little square is also brown, by the way.

Is there something wrong with your sensors? It looks dangerous!

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.