Slogging through space is getting tiresome...

More
20 years 9 months ago #6795 by Andur
After enabling them the square is still brown. Maybe the square tells the default activation value after launch?

BTW, do A.S. increase range?

I also have seen FireCon sensors on the trade screen. What are they, and how do I equip them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6796 by andrewas
I *think* active sensors make your weapons more accurate, but the effect with active1 sensors is small enough that I didnt bother turning them on again after the first time.

Firecon sensors, they seem to be a cargo item that shows up in the equipment list. You can trade for them, and you can trade them for other stuff. After a while messing around with the loadout screen I havent found any way to equip them. Nor are they mentioned in the Encyclopedia.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6797 by NathanKell
Active sensors improve your detection and identification abilities at the expense of brightness. I.e., they make it easier to see other ships...at the cost of making /you/ easier to spot. So, yes, they increase the range of detection and the range of identification.

AFAIK they don't improve accuracy.

www.battletechmodproductions.com/
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6801 by Phatose
Hmm...you know, in my experience, you have to be in actual lds for a while before it kicks in. After I got the capsule drive, the quick-return didn't work so often, because it wouldn't be in lds or deep space. The thing would always be attempting capsule drive manuevers, so it wouldn't warp.

If it's really annoying, you could do what I did - mod the lds speed, and manually fly back as far as you can. It's much less annoying at 10 times light speed then it is at .9

More
20 years 9 months ago #6803 by NathanKell
Go to max LDS directly away from the LaGrange point for, oh, 30 seconds. Then hit F8.
That's what I do, and it works. Any less, and it's as Phatose says.

www.battletechmodproductions.com/

More
20 years 9 months ago #6809 by Andur
It's not that the autopilot takes me to intermediate L-Points, it's that I'm on LDS for more than the standard 5 seconds. 30 secs, 60 secs, 90 secs on LDS, whatever.

Anyway, my game is doing crazy things:

As I can't autoreturn, I decided to install the Station Save mod, which requires UniGUI. Right? UniGUI has a key press that needs to be bound at default.ini...well, I tried EVERYTHING to get the UniGUI screen to no avail. After I loaded an Act1 mission, then loaded the Act 2 mission I'm currently playing, the UniGUI screen appeared as normal. Still no auto-return tho.

Maybe it's the Franklin Hoffer thing I said before?