Slogging through space is getting tiresome...

More
22 years 2 days ago #17370 by AtreidesMR
When I first started the game, selecting the Base and hitting F8 for Docking Autopilot gave me a shortcut back to base.

Suddenly, however, it's stopped doing this, and the autopilot takes me the long way -- and yes, I did hit F8 and not F6. I get the "docking" icon, but I take forever to get home.

Anyone know what caused this change?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 2 days ago #1731 by Pandion
I'v had this happen a couple of times but it usually disappered when I restarted the game.

Give it a good bang.....

See I told you that would fix it.

More
22 years 23 hours ago #1754 by AtreidesMR
I've been doing it for days now. Ah well, it beats not being able to play at all.

More
22 years 14 hours ago #1761 by SoupDragon
Are you running any mods? If so switch them all off. Launch your ship came back in, do a manual save and reload that save and see if that cures it.

More
22 years 1 hour ago #1775 by EricMan64
Did you make any adjustments to flux.ini? I think there's something in there about the shortcut, or I could be completely wrong. If nothing works, you can always try a reinstall. Remember to keep your saved games if you do that.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6776 by Andur
(MEGA-BUMP from almost 15 months ago)

This same thing is happening to me. I tried rebooting the OS and the game, and disabling all mods to no avail. BUT...

I'm currently midway through Act 2, and I decided to give me a break from the storyline for a while. Namely, equipping dual cutting beams and combat LDAs, and a Delta heatsink. I have 3 waypoints in the bottom of my contacts list that link to storylines, just getting ignored.

If I load a Act 1 mission, the problem is gone. Auto-dock takes me thru systems, back to base, after ~5 seconds in LDS.

If the problem doesn't dissapear, I'll have to stick with the cheat function "insta-capsule jump to", but I don't like having the temptation to insta-destroy targets.

OFFTOPIC: You know the little green squares at the top of the HUD? The second from the left has been brown/orange for a while now, and all my subsys are A-OK. ¿¿?¿?¿