GOG sale

More
8 years 2 months ago #20095 by Chessking
GOG sale was created by Chessking
It looks like I-War 1 was on sale recently. I had it wishlisted, so GOG sent me an e-mail when it went on sale. However, it appears I read the email to late, as it had already expired. Another e-mail from GOG described an 80% off sale, which is most likely the one that applied here. It would have been a great deal.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #20096 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic GOG sale
EOC is almost ALWAYS on sale on Steam - I even missed updating the frontpage because it was on sale again a few weeks ago.

The sales seem to work, though. Although only in small numbers. But you can see a peak in February:

steamcharts.com/app/359630

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 1 month ago #20097 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic GOG sale
I have EOC though. I have I-War 1 too, but I didn't realize their were supposed to be four disks...

I have been waiting for a sale on GOG so that I might get Defiance. Also, since my disk drive on my laptop stopped working, I could still play it because it is a download. That's cool though that it is easy to get EOC for a ridiculously cheap price. It should make it easier to keep things alive.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #20098 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic GOG sale
Getting the first one on CD is extremely expensive for me, since the game is very rare.

It's only shipped from GB here if I want to get Defiance with a nice box and all the disks. I'd like to have the box on my shelf :( After all, the admin should have the games :D

We have German releases for a few bucks on Ebay, but the box art is ugly - they all seem to be rebranded versions from some "game classics" companies. I don't want that :o

A few months ago, I acquired EoC for a few bucks, though.
Speaking of that, in the box is the keyboard layout card in German, I should probably upload that some time. :)

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 1 month ago #20099 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic GOG sale
Had I been aware of how cheap the game is on GOG (even when not on sale), I probably would have bought it there. Instead, I found it on Amazon for 99 cents, but with about four dollars for shipping. It was advertised as Defiance, but only had two disks. (As I said, I didn't know there were supposed to be four disks. I didn't even notice I was missing the defiance campaign for several months after buying it.) It doesn't have the giant box and comes in a plain CD case, but even the print on the CDs makes them worth it. Besides, I accidentally deleted my operating system while trying to dual-boot Windows 10 a few weeks ago, and if I had downloaded the game, I might have lost it.

Storm Petrel