Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19500 by RichardSkinner
Replied by RichardSkinner on topic Storm Petrel
so what did everyone name their stolen tug at the beginning of act 1 out of curiosity? im assuming iron duke named his iron duke...

I was savvy to the Black PIG, that ugly ass tug desered no better

The Priceline Negotiator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19501 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Storm Petrel
I unfortunately chose Black Pig. Southern Cross is definitely a better name for a ship.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19504 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Storm Petrel
I also chose Black Pig and immediately regretted it when all the other guys weren't happy about it. D:

But then again, Jafs is always complaining... :D

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19508 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Storm Petrel
"Iron Duke" would have been nice, but there is a fixed set of names for the tug. The heavy corvette is named "Iron Duke" by default, and the patcom "Sheffield." The tug is the only one you get to pick the name for. So first time around, I picked "Southern Cross," but since I've played the game over thirty times, I've tried all of them. My favorite so far is "Lamb Chop," just because our illustrious engineer Smith has such an amusing reaction to it. :lol:

--IronDuke

P.S. My name "IronDuke" reflects the fact that the heavy corvette is my favorite ship. I can play the vanilla (unmodded) Instant Action in it for any amount of time and NEVER die. I mean, I've played over five hours non-stop with it before, just to see how long I could do it, with over a hundred capital ship kills before it was dinner time.

(Edited for typo)

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #19510 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Storm Petrel
Okay, I'm impressed. The heavy corvette is definitely more capable than the Storm Petrel.

P.S. You should upload your "tactical Storm Petrel".

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19511 by RichardSkinner
Replied by RichardSkinner on topic Storm Petrel
thats right... the IronDuke was the corvette. It's been awhile since I've went through the campaign, whenever I play its usually the endgame free form mode.

off topic..

Since this appears to be the largest "active" I war community these days, has anyone ever tried to get a multiplayer game going?

I have only ever seen one game going on in the multiplayer screen and that was like 9 or 10 years ago... I regrette not trying to join it

The Priceline Negotiator