Storm Petrel

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #20107 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Storm Petrel

Chessking wrote: Are you getting the I-War itch IronDuke? Summer is coming, and summer reminds me of I-War 2. I will probably find myself in an intense Instant Action match pretty soon.

Yeah, kinda... :whistle:
Before I fire the game up for another playthrough, I'm going to make a quick mod (should only take an hour or two) that cranks up the AI. Ever wonder why they only fly at 200 instead of 250 in speed limits? Or 800 when the INI file shows their max at 1000?
That's because the AI has a difficulty setting. When turned down, it decreases reaction speed, turns down the ship performance numbers, and locks out a few of the fancier maneuvers. By default for all ships, it's at 8 of 10.
So I'm going to make a mod that simply sets the AI of all ships to 10. :evil: Seriously, the difference is quite noticeable. When I do that, I'll upload it here so you guys can have it too. B) Might not be for a few weeks though, till the "itch" gets too much to bear. :silly:

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #20108 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Storm Petrel
So... The ability to change the difficulty was added into the game but never used? When you finish the mod, I will never uninstall it! How am I supposed to train to be a professional storm petrel pilot when my enemies are fighting at less than their best? I have been able to defeat a Nova class cruiser in a storm petrel, and can pirate megatransporters with it, but that could change.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #20109 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Storm Petrel
The difficulty can be changed with a commandline option for the multiplayer server (-ais).

I guess they never intended that to be available in the Singleplayer mode.

To be honest, the game is already hard as f*ck by default :D

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #20111 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Storm Petrel
It wasn't intended for players to change; it was a way of making some ships clearly better piloted than others. For multiplayer, they did put in an option to set the bot difficulty, but in single-player, it's only accessible through code.

Also, Chessking, I have been able to pull off similarly ridiculous feats in the Storm Petrel. :lol: It's just too easy for me, with my thousands of hours in the game, to kill anything. Although, I'm sure my habit of using 2 joysticks to freely control all 6 DOF has something to do with that... B)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #20113 by Chessking
Two joysticks? Neat. I have gotten pretty good with the keyboard controls, and it really doesn't limit my abilities. But it is definitely more fun with a joystick.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #20114 by Chessking
Hey IronDuke, what do you bring when you go pirating in the Storm Petrel? I bring a cutting beam and two quad lights.

Storm Petrel