Storm Petrel

More
8 years 10 months ago #19555 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Storm Petrel
Would you have use for some other images? The ones I am talking about are included in the demo of EOC. One is a sketch of the T-fighter, another is a cross-section of a Puffin-class Tug.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #19556 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Storm Petrel
When they're already in the two demos listed here, there's no need to uploaded them again.

Your post made me install these two again and I discovered an amazing thing! The Online Beta contains a little bit of development material.

There are instructions on how to create the bright fonts from the game in Photoshop and there are even the source .psd files for the GUI of the game in there! That is awesome. It looks like when they put the Beta out they forgot to remove the source files. These things are missing in the CD demo that came later.

This means I may be able to give this website a little more I-War touch ;)

Space. The final frontier.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RichardSkinner

More
8 years 10 months ago #19557 by RichardSkinner
Replied by RichardSkinner on topic Storm Petrel
yoink!

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 9 months ago #19702 by RichardSkinner
Replied by RichardSkinner on topic Storm Petrel
this is an oldie but a goodie

does anyone remember being out and about and some NPC comments on how nice your ship is and then challenges you to a race? Is there anything significant to that?

I have tired following that ship, blowing it up, formating with it... it doesnt seems to do anything, no reward, nothing.

just curious if anyone got any other results form that encounter.

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 9 months ago #19703 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Storm Petrel
I've had that happen, almost always when your ship's "threat" level, specified in the ini files of the ship and its various subsystems, is a high number or you're in the patcom. As far as I can tell, it's just in the game for atmosphere. After the other guy takes off for a randomly designated location, the script running whatever he's doing ends, so nothing really happens. I just ignore them now.
BTW, I forgot to mention that on my storm petrel, I gave light hardpoints the ability to carry regular PBCs. The PBC did get a lot weaker, because more were carried and on lighter ships, but it did enable the storm petrel to take on anything up to destroyer size. It also let you have greater firepower on the comsec, because quad lite PBCs really did get weakened in my weapons rebalance.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #19704 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Storm Petrel
I've never had that happen to me as fr as I remember. But you guys have played a lot more than I have. I think it would be interesting if racing was an option for earning money in the game.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel