compress 3D Artwork

More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #19400 by Maxx
3D Artwork was created by Maxx
Hello! :lol: This is a little project I made using 3D Studio Max. I'm hoping to make more models in the near future. I have an unfinished version of the command section. When 3D printing gets more available here in my (small) city I'm gonna create some toys.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan, schmatzler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 20 hours ago #19403 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic 3D Artwork
This look really good. Do you know if you can extract the 3D models from both I-War game(s)? It would be great if someone could post them as 3D-printable models here, so I can add a Dreadnaught to my collection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxx

More
9 years 1 hour ago #19413 by Maxx
Replied by Maxx on topic 3D Artwork
Thanks! sadly I tried and it's a too big pain in the *** to extract models from the actual game and even If I could, they're too low poly (100+/-) for 3D printing I would have to get hold of the models used in the cinematic. Your collection has Independence War models?

I forgot to post a link to the updated 3D model above
www.artstation.com/artwork/utility-class-vessel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19414 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic 3D Artwork
If I get a 3D printer someday, I would like a model Dreadnaught. A friend of mine has a Firefly board game with model ships as playing pieces. I think it would be fun to build my own Independence War expansion pack.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19416 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic 3D Artwork
No, right now my "collection" consists of a BSG Viper and an Enterprise from the 2001 show, as well as an unfinished model kit for a Babylon 5 Starfury. There are actually very few ships out there that get enough of my interest to warrant buying a model, but the Dreadnaught would actually be such a ship.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19426 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic 3D Artwork
I'd really like to have or build the Storm Petrel as a model. Never have been a modeling guy, but that thing looks really awesome ingame. :)

But Maxx, your skills are very good - Doge would say "Wow. Such detail. Much graphics" :D

Space. The final frontier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxx