compress 3D Artwork

More
8 years 11 months ago #19438 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic 3D Artwork
I agree, a Storm Petrel would be the best. I fell in love with that ship when it first left the hangar under my command. I then forgot about it when I got the Tug, but now that I am a better pilot, I think that the Storm Petrel is way better than the Tug. The Storm Petrel can dodge most shots, but can withstand few hits. The Tug cannot dodge, and can withstand a moderate amount of hits. I think that if Hot4Darmat took up paper modelling again, he should make a Storm Petrel.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #19492 by RichardSkinner
Replied by RichardSkinner on topic 3D Artwork
my boss has a 3d printer that I could use. if I ever started a kickstarter that would be something I would give away for the higher tier donators, little model ships with stands (paint it yourself lol)

I like the flitter, my favorite ship was always that corporate yacht tho, when ever I found one in game I would follow it around while it went about its business.

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 10 months ago #19571 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic 3D Artwork
The Torn-Stars website has all models available as extracted and converted, modern Lightwave objects. Those can be imported into pretty much any current 3D program(I should think).

Here is the link:

development.torn-stars.com/unstablespace...ars/resource/avatars

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #19574 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic 3D Artwork
Wow, that symbol in the top left of the page (that resembles the Wikipedia symbol) is awesome! That's neat to be able to download files directly as .lwo's. However, I have the psotools, and that works pretty well for me. Oh, and you also have the textures as .iff's. That's definetely helpful, because it takes PaintShopPro or Photoshop to convert. Maybe I can find a free program to open them.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel