Is anyone still playing in 2018?

More
5 years 5 months ago #20728 by IronDuke
Sorry for the slow reply; last week was crazy.

Those files refer to the signal mask systems in the game. They do reduce your brightness, but there's no point. NPC ships are not subject to the functions of sensors, and can see you even when your detectability is zero and you're on the other end of the system. Stealth, in this game, is limited entirely to arbitrary criteria in story missions, usually "don't get within 5000 meters"

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #20729 by Dark
Yes Me too.. Darn it ~

More
5 years 5 months ago #20734 by piratha

IronDuke wrote: Sorry for the slow reply; last week was crazy.

Those files refer to the signal mask systems in the game. They do reduce your brightness, but there's no point. NPC ships are not subject to the functions of sensors, and can see you even when your detectability is zero and you're on the other end of the system. Stealth, in this game, is limited entirely to arbitrary criteria in story missions, usually "don't get within 5000 meters"

-facepalm-

More
5 years 5 months ago #20736 by piratha
I'm almost ready with two reworked mods from me, I'll post them in the MOD section under a new topic :)

More
2 years 11 months ago #20852 by jetski
Hi,
I have just resurected the GOG edition of I-War 1 and manged to get a Thrustmaster cougar setup working reasonably well with the game. I am not going to finess it a bit with button emulation, but If anyone else with a Cougar is playing I-War 1 and wants the config file, it is in the attached .zip.

for info, on Windows 10 these are now stored in C:\users\<user>\AppData\local\VirtualStore\Program Files(x86)\HOTAS\Profiles\
Attachments:

More
2 years 11 months ago #20853 by n2gtarz
I still play but not online never get the chance to play with anyone ! good to see the game is still a topic one of the best ever!