file I-War Kickstarter?

More
10 years 4 months ago #17278 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic I-War Kickstarter?
Tom, a Kickstarter project that I have pledged for is Limit Theory. While this is a more Elite-like game, the developer promised this game to have Newtonian physics. He is quite on track for a release early 2014 (my guess is around March-April), so I guess we'll see where it goes from there.

The game, however, seems to be strongly influenced by the X games, so it's not exactly going to be like I-War 2. That being said, you will be able to play as a pirate.

Do have a look yourself:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/jos ... space-game

www.youtube.com/user/LimitTheory/videos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #17279 by tombombodil
Replied by tombombodil on topic I-War Kickstarter?
7upMan,

Thanks for this, I looked at the first link and so far so good. Will check out the others and get back here. Good stuff

More
8 years 4 hours ago #20110 by Ciberputa
Replied by Ciberputa on topic Rogue System
Also, there is Rogue System

imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/

More
7 years 11 months ago #20112 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic I-War Kickstarter?
Hey, that looks pretty interesting! :cheer: I'm going to keep an eye or three on this...
Also, somewhere in my head, I'm delighted to see you still here, Ciberputa. o/ :)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #20117 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic I-War Kickstarter?
Here's what I don't understand WRT Rogue System:

"Rogue System’s goal is to bring the classic space-combat sims into the modern era of gaming at a never-before-attempted level of control. It blends the capabilities and usability of modern games with the detail and fidelity of hardcore combat flight-sims. With a simulated science fiction setting, richly deep spaceship management, and intense combat, Rogue System satisfies both the “survey” and “study” sim enthusiast."

What exactly does that mean? Nowhere on the website I found any mention that the game will feature Newtonian physics. Or did I simply miss that information? Ciberputa, can you shed some light?

More
7 years 11 months ago #20118 by Ciberputa
Replied by Ciberputa on topic I-War Kickstarter?
Yes, it has newtonian physics:

ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/000/397/728/fad...59baefda612fbaaa6c65

That's from the kickstarter project (failed)