Most difficult game in the world - ever

More
18 years 5 months ago #14078 by GrandpaTrout
Just pick one. Preferably one that can shoot back. Once you have killed that one with missiles, pick another.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14080 by flend
After wasting far too much time with I-war2, I now have

a) a patcom. yay. That was a hard mission :)

b) a point defence turret

c) autorepair 3

So I am basically happy :)

I still seem to lose a T-fighter per mission which is a bit of a pain, having to find enough stuff to recycle in order to rebuild them.

It's also kinda hard to work out what guns are best. I'm currently packing rapid fire PBAs, although I'm not sure if Cryo or plain PBAs are better. I like the Gatling Cannon but I'm just waiting until I find the right thing to trade for the ammo plans :)

Tom

More
18 years 5 months ago #14081 by flend
Incidently, I'm playing the game on a gamepad which I guess might be slightly unusual. 2 analogue sticks for pitch/yaw and lateral thrusters, buttons for target, shoot, next pri/sec weapon. Top buttons for z-axis thrusters (basically how I fly) and next/prev target. Back buttons for nearest-enemy and countermeasures. I'd really like a button for cancel flight-assist now I have a ship that can rotate moderately fast. Oh, digital pad for all the nav and engineering screens (which I never use in combat)

More
18 years 5 months ago #14211 by flend
Finished!

Either I worked out what I was doing, or the game got a lot easier once I got the patcom ... or maybe both.

Still, great fun.

'tried to use the freeroam mod but didn't appear to get a message asking me to continue at the end - oh well, I can play E:MS instead :)

Thanks for your help, all.

Tom

More
18 years 4 months ago #14436 by stinkoman
Another trick for handling all the missiles thrown at you early on is to use ldsi missiles. Firing one will clear every missile in range, theirs and yours. Once you get the patcom, youll be fast enough to dodge them but early on when your still in the tug, they can be a life saver. Also useful when protecting the rescue ships on the Haven station mission and the freighters on the Mwari blockade runner mission.