Chessking's stuff

More
9 years 1 month ago #19341 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Chessking's stuff
I had an idea that I think would work best with Torn Stars. I think it would be interesting if you could buy paint schemes in the game. This would be really expensive because of all of that paint and wouldn't help the player any (unless it affects the threat rating of the hull), but the wealthier merchants and pirates might use it.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #19342 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Chessking's stuff
Actually, Unstable Space has the 'machinery' to implement that right now. It would just take a bit of coding for an interface, then some actual photoshop work to create 'alternate paint jobs' for all, or a subset of, pilotable ships.
The coding would be a snap. The photoshopping and ini file setup would take some time.
I kind-of did this for cargo pods. At least, they are not customizable, but their 'colours' give the player a clue as to the value of the contents. A little detail I wonder whether anyone ever noticed.

More
9 years 1 month ago #19348 by Chessking
There are a few paint jobs done already: you could use my paint schemes from the Retro Ships Pack mod. Rusty (the storm petrel) isn't exactly a paint scheme, but perhaps it could be a ship that can be bought for less than an ordinary storm petrel, and perhaps it only has one working hardpoint. The Makwa interceptor (storm petrel) could be used in place of Rusty.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 1 month ago #19353 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Chessking's stuff
Thanks, I've finally found time to add all mods to the website:

www.i-war2.com/downloads/category/46-chessking-s-stuff

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 1 month ago #19356 by Chessking
My mods aren't supposed to have the version numbers; that is something that Google sites added whenever I added or changed the description.

Storm Petrel

More
9 years 1 month ago #19357 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Chessking's stuff
Alright, I removed them.

Space. The final frontier.