lightbulb Chessking's stuff

More
9 years 1 month ago #19359 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Chessking's stuff
'Older' second hand ships could be implemented with your 'Rusty' graphics quite easily.

You would just need to make new ini's, and setup files for each ship, then add them into the list of ships for sale. About 1 hour of work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #19362 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Chessking's stuff
Wow. That's not much. Might take me longer though since I am not familiar with the setup and file location of Torn Stars. I would also have to reinstall Torn Stars first, which I am getting to.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19422 by Chessking
I remember when I first started playing Independence War 2, I had a ton of fun and viewed the game as a legend. That has changed since, and I have been trying to recreate that feeling. I think I have figured it out. I started the game on our XP in one of our sheds, in the summer, with a joystick. I have since moved the game to my laptop, and don't use the joystick anymore. The volume is often low, so the soundtrack doesn't influence the game as much. Well, it's spring again, (I've been playing the game for almost a year, and I just beat Dante's Inferno), and I hope to move my game back to the XP and have some real fun with the game again. One other thing that may influence my experience with the game is that at first, there were only about two ships that I could handle at a time, and now I can take on mega-transporters without much hassle.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19443 by Chessking
For Easter, I colored an egg to look like Lucrecia's base.

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19448 by Chessking
I read recently that the part of the brain responsible for processing smells is close to the part of the brain responsible for emotion. That is probably why the "epic" feeling of Independence War is so closely tied to the shed and the smell of summer. Just today I went out and cleaned that shed up some, so that it is fit for playing in. Also, if I move my game out there, then I can install Torn Stars on my laptop for when I am travelling or in town.

P.S. I have started work on more mods, and have some finished I-War related projects that I need to take pictures of and upload. Please put some pressure on me to help me get them done!

P.P.S. I have still made little progress on my 2-D I-War programs, but I am still learning, and still exited about that project. I am going to aim for a demo version with many of the mechanics and some of the models for the finished games.

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19450 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic Chessking's stuff
Agree about the smell thing; my mom bought some laundry detergent once that instantly reminded me of playing I-War2 on my old dell laptop. That thing is now fifteen years old, and doesn't work only because the hard drive died. The rest is fine. :O

Weird.

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)