Chessking's stuff

More
9 years 1 day ago #19459 by Chessking
Replied by Chessking on topic Chessking's stuff
I've been wanting to make some config files to improve my game. My joystick isn't very advanced, and did not have any roll capabilities. I added vertical thruster keybinds to my keyboard file, but haven't refined everything yet. I want to completely disable the HUD, since I don't use it anyways, and replace the keybinds with contact controls. For my joystick config, I want to replace the numpad keybinds with contact controls, and the arrow key keybinds with the engineering screen directly, or use the hat switch on the joystick for power distribution and the arrow keys for different screens. These are the engineering, objectives, log, and map screens. Anyways, that is a lot of work to do by hand. Then I realized something. Maybe that NeoGriever keybinder would be helpful! Of course! Time to check it out.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19475 by Chessking
I love the I-War 2 soundtrack. Sometimes I listen to it all day as I do school. My favorite song ever is Them A1. Christopher Mann did an excellent job. Even my sister likes it.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19478 by RichardSkinner
Replied by RichardSkinner on topic Chessking's stuff
Yea that sci fi violin is awesome. again makes you feel so small in such a huge space. like adrift. goes extremely well with all the UI sounds

in FACT, I remember a long long time ago (I think I got it form this site... maybe not) I downloaded that lights and sounds patch that put like a very soft ambient radio chatter to the inside of your cockpit. I loved that, got a new hard drive and now I cant find it anymore.

EOC, time splitters 2, and echo the dolphin are atop my list

The Priceline Negotiator

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #19495 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic Chessking's stuff
The I-War 2 music is on the artists SoundCloud here:

I really like that, too. :)

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 11 months ago #19496 by Chessking
Well, there is also this:
Independence War II Soundtrack
This is only missing the options menu music (although I only remember it playing while installing) the loading music, and the music behind the intro movie. I downloaded these before I realized that all the music is on the disc and in an mp3 format.

While I'm at it, here's this:
Independence War I & Defiance Soundtrack
And this:
Independence War I Soundtrack
Which is the same as the previous link except it doesn't have the Defiance soundtrack.

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 11 months ago #19563 by Chessking
I just installed the nGlide wrapper for I-War 1: Deluxe. Wow. I didn't know it could make such a difference! Larger screen, more detailed shots... I can actually see the paint job on enemy ships! However, it is a bit laggy, although that may be because of the VirtualBox graphics card. Also, the cursor's movement seems enlarged, and I can't do some things because of that.

Storm Petrel