Update

More
18 years 7 months ago #18499 by MajorTom
Update was created by MajorTom
Because of our proximity, Second Chance and I have been communicating a lot by phone recently.
Here is some of the stuff we've done or decided meanwhile, at least tentativly:

The Install Batch file:
Has been fixed so it will work on Win2K now too. SC can switch back and forth between the MP and SP game now just like the rest of us and therefore do his testing and evaluations a lot easier.

Bot Ships:
The bots ships (.ini) are now different from the player ships for 2 reasons:
They are placed in game without the wing animation to reduce load on the server. This also makes it a lot easier to balance the bots ship preformance, weapons etc. without having to take the player ship preformance into consideration. The bot ships are also in the game without custom cockpits, so that lessens the server load to

S-Foil Issue:
We've decided not to force the player to watch the s-foil animation as they open or close. (the player can still watch the animation by choice if he wants to) That means we'll need a slight script change but it will also reduce load on the server too.
At the moment SC is also working on a 3 channel animation sequence for the wings. We hope that will allow us to fix the issue where the wings begin animate whenever you use a camera to look at the ship.
The idea is: The ships will have 3 states: Closed, Animating, and Open. The "Animating" state will be limited by pog to a 3 second interval, after which the channel for wings will be either set to the state closed or open. WE'll see if it works.

CUV-Ships

We had previously looked at using the Falcon as the CUV ship. Thats the Combat Utility Vehicle that supplies ammunition and can repair other ships during the game. Now that we have a new and very talented ship modeler in the Team we've decided to look around for a more appropriate ship type. Ship suggestions based on the star wars universe are welcomed.

The currently still untextured cockpits for the A-Wing and X-Wing, have been sucessfully tested as well as the Tie Fighter/interceptor/bomber cockpit. The Tie cockpits will probably be the same but with different texturing. As soon as the textures are done, we'll know more about any possible preformance hits.
Btw, In my opinion we could easily leave the standard EOC cockpit in the B-Wing (at least for the beta version). It seems to me to fit the "atmosphere" of the B-Wing quite well.

If you look over at the ina forum you'll see the newest ingame screen shots of the B-Wing together with some changes to the hud icons we introduced:
ina-community.com/forums/showthr ... genumber=5

The Beta:
We need some support for .ini modding so we can start final balancing, and online testing before we get the beta out. Any one have any capacity free? Should we put out a call for modders in the other forums?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13379 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Update
I think you should put out the call for INI modders on the main forums. I don't know if anyone but us even comes here any more.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 7 months ago #13381 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Update
Current models I have copies of are: the Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor, A-Wing, and X-Wing.

If the player is allowed to fly any other ships I will need those models to create the animation sequences.

Sequences are the same as the standard EoC ones and Binked. Each weighs in at around 3.81Mb.

More
18 years 7 months ago #13384 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Update
We'll probably have a new dev version of the mod posted soon where you can get the B-Wing. (or, I could send it to you separately if you wish.)

Thinking though: Did you do the X-Wing with the wing animation in the bink Shane? If not, would it be possible?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
18 years 7 months ago #13385 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Update
I had not, but I can. I've already got the scene set up so it's basically just drop a model into it, hit the render key and go watch a movie. :D

I'll incorporate the wing animations.

BTW: What's your current email addy MT? Mine changed some time ago to shanemaness (at) netscape.com

Also... what file-size limits do you have on your email? Could I send these movies to you for approval via email?

More
18 years 7 months ago #13387 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Update
We're going to have to redo all of those. I've got new parameters for the surfaces and the engine lighting (which those don't seem to have anyway). This is why I wanted to wait until they were all finished.

That Tie Int looks really cool in front of the display grid though. What type of lighting setup are you using, Shane?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4