What are we going to call this thing?!

More
19 years 5 months ago #11774 by Second Chance
Just added:

STAR WARS: WINGS OF GLORY

Which is now my new favorite and I vote we officially name the mod this. It has 2 out of 3 things asked for in a name. The Star Wars name and an indication that it's a flight sim. The third thing was to somehow allude to I-War. But the only operational words we could use are "Independence" and "Edge of Chaos" which somewhat limits our creativity. And darn it this thing needs a real name already! So how 'bout it?

*edit*
Ok, I just had a thought. If we really need to add an allusion to I-War, how about:

STAR WARS: WINGS OF CHAOS

Although I really like the first one better.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 5 months ago #11781 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Second Chance

STAR WARS: WINGS OF GLORY

Ohh! I like that! Very much! Just to be sure though: isn't there a forthcoming WWII flight sim with a name simular to that? Or is that the name of the WWII air combat scenes in the 3DM2003 test?

"WINGS OF CHAOS" sounds a little "unorganized" and may have a negative association

The only alternatives I could think of would be:
STAR WARS: WINGS OF WAR

At least it has the "War" from I-War in it, though a direct reference to war may not be too good in general.

STAR WARS: WINGS OF BATTLE
Sounds a little wierd at first, but "Battle" is a very commonly
used word for an MP game.

In any case the "WINGS OF ..." is a stroke of genius! :D

Edit: Have now discovered: The WWII test scenes in 3DMark 2003 are called "Wings of Fury". The name "Wings of Glory" was used in an older WWI flight sim game.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 5 months ago #11782 by Second Chance
STAR WARS: WINGS OF WAR kicks ass!!!!! OMG, what an awsome name! Damn you for not mentally projecting into my mind!

I think we've got a winner here, folks. So everyone just chime in now and say "Wow, what a great name. Let's use it." so we can start putting it in the logos. (This is actually what I've been waiting for (a name) before I use one of tarcoon's nifty banners in my sig. I just can't stomach "The Star Wars EoC Mod")

I've said that name a dozen times in my mind so far and I can't believe how good it sounds. It's so powerful!

That name alone could attract non-EoC players to the game.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 5 months ago #11788 by MajorTom

More
19 years 5 months ago #11799 by Hot4Darmat
My vote goes to: Star Wars: Wings of Defiance

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 5 months ago #11802 by Second Chance
Works for me. As long as we name it something.

That does sound like a pretty good name though. It pretty much covers everything.