ingame Movie concept (example movie)

More
19 years 9 months ago #10397 by MajorTom
Thanks Tarcoon. Great workI
Hold on to the original capture avi as we may need it to make a distributable movie a teaser, so people know what we are doing.
Using the windows movie maker I can get 500kb out of 25 mb fraps .avi so, I guess our new intro would be around 2 mb in .wmv format?

@All,
you can download the movie and see it in game:

extract the zip to StarWarsA1/movies. Then start the SW mod. The movie will play right after the PS emblem is shown.

You can DL all 5.7 mb of it here:

www.i-war2.com/swDevelopment/intro.zip

On the Intro-cutscene with Nolan:
Tarcoon, if you have enough time and drive space to deal with it please do capture it (it'll probably be around a 1 gb of fraps).

Note: The sound and scene sequence will get messed up if the frame rate goes much below 20 fps. You'll have to try it out and see what happens?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10412 by Tarcoon
[:0]

Do you want to distribute a 320x240/30fps.wmv? It will be ~2.6 MB.
Same size is compressable to 872 KB - slight loss in quality included for free.

You may have a 128 KB Version too. It's a 160x120/15fps.wmv.
(a 28.8 K modem connections shovels this version within 37 secs on your computer)

Our 640x480/25fps(30fps).wmv results in 5.6 MB.

All information based on the original pre-compressed 640x480/25fps - 30 sec - 81.1 MB AVI without text.

A teaser showing some fighters in action would make sense and would tease one or two people. This station stuff is EoC - not SW Mod.
Let's do a session and I'll present a teaser.

I'll try the Nolan intro on thursday.

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 9 months ago #10413 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Tarcoon

A teaser showing some fighters in action would make sense and would tease one or two people. This station stuff is EoC - not SW Mod.
Let's do a session and I'll present a teaser.

Lets do both in one OK?

Lots of guys in EOC have never seen a station explode and they go nuts when they hear about it. Many have always dreamed of doing it
but, the station assault mod doesn't work right on many PCs.

Your idea is perfect with some fighter action. :D
Lets do that and then clip the 2nd half of the Station explosion onto the end of the fighter action scenes with .wmv OK?

Edit/ You can also get some very cool battle scenes if you target a bot ship and then press F3 twice. Some of the scenes you get with F11 are pretty cool too, but that runs automatically.
\Edit

More
19 years 9 months ago #10416 by Tarcoon

Lets do both in one OK?

[^]

I did most of my clips with different external views of ship and target. The choreography is hard to manage as long as you deal with bots. Some hours of capturing and viewing often result in three/four lucky shots. I'll send you a nice one - but it has no sound.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10417 by MajorTom
Cool [8D]

As soon as you get your mike fixed we can meet online again. ;)

btw, I just noticed in the movie you made: It looks like you have "Star Field Quality" turned on?

Have you tried movies with that turned off? Imo, it looks better because there are not so many stars, and you may get better frame rates?