Saturns Moons

More
19 years 1 day ago #12930 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Saturns Moons
Thanks Shane, glad you like them.

I was wondering if you or anyone has POG code for building custom asteroid fields? I want to use these new skins and models to assemble a package of asteroids fields of various types. For example Ice asteroid fields, Metal asteroids fields etc. I can't figure out how to do it using the standard fields, as the ini to set an asteroid fields will only call two kinds of things. Either debris or asteroids.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13124 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Saturns Moons
I finally tracked down a link to some really strange meteorites. Thought to have formed deep inside a planet. It just makes you realize how strange truth can be. This looks like a mix of glass and steel. Anyway, thought it might provide some good source material.

www.geoclassics.com/meteorite.htm

And it would be really cool to have an asteroid of this shape. (should anyone feel like modeling something to strange and abstract).

www.hiend3d.com/pictures/2001/Meteorite.jpg

More
18 years 11 months ago #13125 by cambragol
Wow, those are quite cool. I never realised that asteroids could be so metallic. But I guess it only makes sense. I will have to revisit asteroids after we get MiddleStates out. Looking forward to doing so.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13126 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Saturns Moons
That second large meteorite would make a really cool mined out asteroid. A base could be in a deep hollow. And pirate ships could lurk in the pits. It might be worth heading over to the lightwave forums after the mod releases and recruiting some experienced modelers to put the meshes together.

You seem to have a handle on texturing. You did a good job of texturing those other asteroids.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13127 by cambragol
The textures will be no problem for me. I will even build them so they reflect like in the pictures, and perhaps even glow slightly (the crystal parts anyways).

I am slowly getting the hang of Lightwave, but I think it will be some time before I have the skills to build asteroids like shown in the above picture. Oh, if only we had a modeller with a passion for creating the ultimate trading/space sim....

More
18 years 10 months ago #13217 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic Saturns Moons
I can help.

Of course the only thing I’m good at is 3d modeling. Someone else has to make the textures and get them into the game.

But, I’ll need help with something.
As yow know I’m working on a ship (nightmare). The model is ready and I have a small hull plate texture. (Btw my ship is now called “The Iron Wolf�).
Texture this ship, get it in the game and I’ll make as many models as I can. My e-mail is mailto:alva@zappmobile.com]alva@zappmobile.com

Interested?

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”