Saturns Moons

More
18 years 10 months ago #13233 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Saturns Moons
Is it me or are the asteroid links broken at the time of this post?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13234 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Saturns Moons
Hi Vali,

Send me an email at jon_freiseL at msn dot com (remove the L, it is spambot ecm) and we can talk things over. Put Epic in the subject line so I can find it if the junk mail filter gets it.

I am sorry for not dropping in sooner, but have been a bit distracted. The team is focused on getting this release done, bugs removed, install issues found, and getting the text and graphics polished.

The features for the next release are undefined. And there is not time right now to focus on getting them right. So I am reluctant to give you modeling work. Even the asteroids under discussion will change depending on how we plan to use them (as the basis for stations, or as smaller objects with docking points for player mining.) We will have need of new asteroids, I just cannot say how they should be shaped yet. We are about a month or so away from having a feature set chosen for Traffic.

Between now and then there are two objects that I know we will need, that both come from the earliest days of the project, but have never been completed.

The first is a new gunstar that is based on a cutdown patcom chassis. This gunstar is used for station defense. It would be the size and shape of a patcom, but it would have no thruster tail, and no command section. A turret would be mounted on both the top and bottom dockports, allowing wide angle firing.

The second is a new Refugee Station Module. All the stations in the next release will be assembled modular stations. We are missing a module for Refugees and the very poor. This module needs to fit inside the size box of the current habitat module. It should be made up of junk items - such as cargo pods, the hulk reactor, the floating tubular debris around ship yards. And have some interesting dark side lighting.

Both models should try to match the current model shapes, so we can texture them with existing textures as much as possible (to keep the size reasonable for download).

Let me know if those are interesting to you. The Middle States holds firmly to the Iwar universe. Just more rusty and dusty. And if anything, I would like to move back towards the original Iwar ships, and away from the newer EoC models. The EoC models are nice, but they lack the hard science edge of the originals.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13236 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic Saturns Moons
Hi GrandpaTrout,

I got the general image of what yow need and I’m more than willing to help you with models. All I ask in return is to see my ship textured and in the game.

I’ll tell you when I’m finished.

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”