EoC planet objects?

More
19 years 2 months ago #12520 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic EoC planet objects?
Correction... they're on their way. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12521 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic EoC planet objects?
Ha! Another thing I was planning to get around to one day.

I'm guessing the spheres are one meter, simply because the map file uses dimensions in meters to scale them.

Shane, if your going to make new planet spheres I highly recommend using a geosphere as the base. They're far more efficient, giving you a much rounder appearance with far fewer polys per sphere.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 2 months ago #12523 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic EoC planet objects?
Thanks! I tested them right away. The plant has shrunk. So it looks like the answer is a 1 kilometer sphere.

Bad news on the textures however. The planet looks like a smooth ball with no texture. A slight coloration. There must be more to it than this. Some kind of default texture applied that allows calculation of something important in the PSO? I wish I could decode those darned things.

-Gtrout

More
19 years 2 months ago #12524 by Shane
Hmmm... I'd think the engine is basing the texture size on what's listed in the geography entry. The slight coloration might be a tiny section of the projected texture (which is expecting a much larger object).

More
19 years 2 months ago #12525 by Shane
The changed files are on their way, GT. :D

More
19 years 2 months ago #12526 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic EoC planet objects?
Thanks Shane. The new models do not show up at all. The map indicator for the planet is there. The atmosphere halo is there, but not model. So I think a 1km sphere must be growing too large and getting clipped out.

I am fresh out of ideas. 1 meter and 1 kilometer are the natural sizing points. This can quickly turn into a goose chase. Rough edge planets will have to do.

-Gtrout