High Poly Venice Model

More
19 years 9 months ago #11105 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic High Poly Venice Model
Thanks guys. I'll add updates when the texturing is finished and hopefully have a website by then to put it up for download.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11114 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic High Poly Venice Model
It looks really good ! [^]

Since you have the complete model now we could also perhaps make a shortened version of it aka Verona? That could be usefull as a "packmule" version for the sp player game too.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #11189 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic High Poly Venice Model
I could make a shortened version of the Venice, but be warned that these aren't game models. It would only be useful for movie production and still shots.

Heh, heh... Flux would melt if we asked it to display 47,000 polys! :D

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 9 months ago #11194 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Shane

I could make a shortened version of the Venice, but be warned that these aren't game models. It would only be useful for movie production and still shots.

Heh, heh... Flux would melt if we asked it to display 47,000 polys! :D

Sorry, I didn't understand that originally. and somehow still don't get it [:I]

Umm, that would mean: It wouldn't be possible to use it in a scripted cutscene? How would you make a "movie" then? What would the movie be about or for?

More
19 years 9 months ago #11195 by Second Chance
Lol, he's talking about a real movie. An actual 3D computer animation movie, like the intro film in most games. (Or "Finding Nemo." ;))

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #11196 by MajorTom
I saw the "Final Fantasy" movie on TV last night. (never saw it in the theaters or on DVD).

That was pretty well done for a 3D animation. When was that movie made?

hmm, I wonder.... What would be the purpose of making a ship for a movie if you aren't going to make a movie? Sounds interesting....