Models from other sources too?

More
19 years 10 months ago #10468 by MajorTom
We should perhaps also make a new score screen that shows your trading results instead of something like points and kills. ;)

The only really 'serious' bug I've ever discovered in the trade game, is that the cargo a players cargo may not be created if he has very high lag (> 750 ms). This only happened twice in about 30 games and may have been a firewall issue. Other than blaming a firewall I dunno why it happens, but we should insure that the cargo isn't deducted from the players inventory if it wasn't really created (which would be easy enough to do).

Roi, do you mean we need a higher amount of player potential? Actually you can trade effectivly with only one other player, but that is only interesting for someone who wants something special for his SP game.

During the past year I've got some good ideas for things we can add into the trade script that would actually make it more interesting and even provide real persistant functionality. But, that would be for a future project.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10482 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by MajorTom

Roi, do you mean we need a higher amount of player potential? Actually you can trade effectivly with only one other player, but that is only interesting for someone who wants something special for his SP game.

Jep, but not for this MP project. Realistically it would be too much work.

But, that would be for a future project.

...future project maybe won't be a mod for I-War 2 ... ? B/c for the work you put into the project you get acknowledgement from others but you can't live from it. Or are you planning to use this as a reference? (if the text will be too long I recommend to write this in another thread or mail b/c we get more and more OT)

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 10 months ago #10485 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Roi Danton

Realistically it would be too much work.

Do you mean aquiring a player potential or the mod work?
Most of the scripting work is already done, The trade games in Epic Online work just fine with exception of the lag bug)

Or are you planning to use this as a reference?

Nope, The main motivation is to prove to myself, that I can do it!

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10489 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by MajorTom

Do you mean aquiring a player potential or the mod work?
Most of the scripting work is already done, The trade games in Epic Online work just fine with exception of the lag bug)

Under these circumstances the first. I don't know how many people play Epic Online, but if it's online they have to be playing at the same time?!

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 9 months ago #10830 by Second Chance
Getting back to topic, I think that the original EoC models would be great to use as incedental ships. Their style is close enough to SW that I think they'd mesh together nicely. We can simply add new INIs and add or change null locations to fit the SW universe.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4