Models from other sources too?

More
19 years 11 months ago #18077 by MajorTom
We have some functionality in the scripts, that we cannot address with the models we have planned. That is for example the possibility to do live online trading. That would require some kind (s) of freighter ship. Do we want to persue this (and possibly use models from an external source)

Also, SC I know you commited to doing a Tie Bomber as a counterpart to the B-Wing, but would it be possible to use a model from an external source for this, or does your ambition as a moddler not allow this?

I dunno how much work/time it would save, but I think wou could ask some of the active SW moddlers for permission to use their models if we wanted them.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9983 by Second Chance

...or does your ambition as a moddler not allow this?

Waaahh! I wanna do everything! (Damn, we don't have a crying smiley [:(].) That really is my ambition, but I have no right to hold the mod up if it's a problem.

If you need a freighter, I could give you the Falcon now. The model and setup have been done for a long time, it's the textures I haven't got to. Every time I get near finishing a model I say, "After this, I'm giong to finish the textures for the Falcon." But every time I finish a model, I get all excited and start a new model. Sorry for the delay, I know I haven't been working as hard as I should've been lately.

btw - I'm going to do a Tie Bomber anyway (for personal enjoyment, I was really looking forward to that one), but you don't have to use it, of course. Speaking of which, has anybody seen my webpage yet? Seeing pics of all the models at once is pretty cool. You can click the homepage button at the top of my post to go there :D.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #9991 by MajorTom
Now, now, don't cry ;)

Great! We do need the Tie Bomber as a compliment to the B-Wing to even things up for the imps. Then both teams would have more even chances in the Team Fortress/ Base assault type games.

The Falcon would be fine as a freighter, but it can only dock one or two pods now? To do any "real" online trading, we would need a capacity of at least 4 pods and preferably a ship with 8 pod capacity too.
I'm asuming we can use the standard lighted pods (as used for the test in the DS thread) and miniturise them by editing thier size in the setup scenes?

We desprately need a CUV. Currently the "Pioneer" ship is the "Engineer" class that can re-arm and repair other ships. It is the yellow truck but has roughly the right size (?). Maybe you could just leave the model as is and re-do the textures on it so it looks more star warsy like?

More
19 years 11 months ago #9994 by Shane

The model and setup have been done for a long time, it's the textures I haven't got to. Every time I get near finishing a model I say, "After this, I'm giong to finish the textures for the Falcon." But every time I finish a model, I get all excited and start a new model.

Interesting. I'm the reverse of that. I love texturing a model, but groan when it comes time to build the next one. :D

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 11 months ago #10002 by Second Chance
Oh no, I didn't mean it that way. I meant when I finish modeling and texturing a model I rush to the next one, and neglected the Falcon's textures. Not textures in general. I love doing both these days. The Falcon was an unusual case because of the faulty mesh not displaying the maps right. I fixed the mesh but never went back to finish the textures. Because that's when the SW mod project got started, and MajorTom wanted fighters right away.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #10006 by MajorTom

Speaking of which, has anybody seen my webpage yet? Seeing pics of all the models at once is pretty cool. You can click the homepage button at the top of my post to go there

Yep, it looks good. when is the star destroyer going to be ready for work? :D