I´m wordless...

More
19 years 11 months ago #18064 by Vladimir
I´m wordless... was created by Vladimir
My new invention: armed City class freighter (and someone told me that the spaceframe is NOT suitable for mounting weapons:) ):
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/pilt1.html
As you see the missile launcher got to the root null.

Heavy Corvette, using NON-EDITED setup EXTRACTED from the resource.zip:
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/pilt2.html
You see the rocket coming out near the dockport.

Heavy Corvette, using NON-EDITED NON-EXTRACTED setup:
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/pilt3.html
The missile launchers are where they should be. I think that it applies to the dock-on-armament too (never tested out, though, just the D-O-A I used on the freighter got to the root null too).Has ANYONE got a good explanation for it (other than that my comp has gone bananas)[?][?][?]

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9870 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic I´m wordless...
The pics aren't showing so I would have to guess at what you're try to point out. Is it in reference to the null positions?

The city class freighter doesn't have any hardpoints. It only has a dockport_main, 2 drive nulls and a crew null. Any weapons you mount will revert to the root null if you specify a null that isn't named in the setup scene.

Here's the one used in the Epic Online multiplayer trade Games

and an earlier version with a different turret

The missile launchers on it are placed on the dockport_main null, which puts them up front

You can also pilot an armed version of the venice class freighter in the Epic Online Multiplayer mod.

Since I can't load the pics of the Heavy corvette, I can't say much about that except maybe there is a path problem:
The game has 2 heavy_corvette.lws files in it. one in the player folder and one in the folder common_setups. As far as I can tell, all the different heavy_corvette .ini files use the same path: name=lws:/ships/common_setups/heavy_corvette

The .lws in the player folder isn't used anywhere apparently, so if you extracted it and didn't change the path ...

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 11 months ago #9874 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic I´m wordless...
Vladimir, your image addresses in the HTML code, point to your C drive.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9875 by Stephen Robertson PS
I wrote all the encyclopedia entries for the ships, and yes the space-frame is not rated for weapons, but some illegal workshops have modified the space-frame to accept weapon mounts. Unfortunately this invalidates the manufacturer's warranty, and can cause maneuverability problems. :)

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

More
19 years 11 months ago #9879 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic I´m wordless...
Damn! Those pics are really screwed up, when I´m looking with Opera. Anyways, when looking with IE they show up. Try to send them in again and see what happens.

OK, the first one has corrupted colours but it´s still better than nothing:
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/shot0000.jpg
The corvette w/ extracted setup:
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/shot0002.jpg
The corvette w/ not extracted setup:
www.geocities.com/xenodroid13/shot0003.jpg

Adding the freighter´s NEW setup with some new nulls I added with notepad to resource.zip didn´t change anything.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9888 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic I´m wordless...

Originally posted by Stephen Robertson PS

I wrote all the encyclopedia entries for the ships, and yes the space-frame is not rated for weapons, but some illegal workshops have modified the space-frame to accept weapon mounts. Unfortunately this invalidates the manufacturer's warranty, and can cause maneuverability problems. :)

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson

Steve, sometimes you use a very admirable "diplomatic" choice of words. I can almost hear some of your thoughts while doing the encylcopedia:

Oops, Darn! They forgot to put mount points on this model design!
Hmmm... Ahhh! "Space-frame is not rated for weapons"
:D :D

Not to mention, that the darn thing is just plain too ugly to be a warship ;)
But it is a great model [^]

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site