I´m wordless...

More
19 years 11 months ago #9890 by Stephen Robertson PS
To tell you the truth I MADE UP THE ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES!

It's ALL FICTION!

I just added extra detail to make each entry informative and interesting to read, like the bit about the Firestorm fighter being out of production but being copied by illegal workshops, and that the police fighter has the outrigger pods to enhance low-speed maneuverability.

It's all technobabble and fiction, but hopefully it all makes kind of sense.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9891 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic I´m wordless...
Perfect example of off-topic posts. I wanted to show some anomalies with models and now we are talking about Encyclopedy entries:D:D:D

BTW, and because we are off topic anyways does anybody knows why I´m getting "page not available" message when clicking on the new links I posted but can see the screenshots when I click "go" button in my browser (it´s the first web page I´ve EVER done so I´m sorry for inconveniences)?

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9892 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic I´m wordless...
I think it is because Geocities doesn't allow linking from external websites.

I am now able to see the pics by copying the link and pasteing it into my browser as the url

I don't/can't see exactly what you mean with the anomoly on the heavy corvette? Could you explain a bit more?

I do see you have the city class heavily armed with turrets so your attempt to add mountpoints with an editor seems to be very sucessfull :D (which is quite a feat!)
on your "new Setup" for the freighter whats the problem there? Are the missiles still comming out at the wrong place?

Sorry about the off topic stuff. They don't let Steve work on I-War any more these days so he supports us by joining in and giving additional information where he can. Sometimes we get carried away in responding because it's so darn good that he shows up!

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 11 months ago #9896 by Vladimir
No big deal about this off-topic thing.

And yes, youre right about the Geocities - they really don´t allow linking from other sites :(!

The trouble with the heavy corvette is that when I extracted it´s setup with the path names from resource.zip to the resource folder in I-War install directory the missile launchers on pylon cannons got to the root null(note the missile coming out from the top of the ship) although I didn´t change anything in the setup. When I renamed the extracted setup, that is made the game to use the zipped version, the missile launchers are where they should be (attached to the pylon cannons). So what is the difference between zipped and unzipped file from the Flux POV?[?][?][?]

Anyways, thing get stranger - I added the new setup I created for City to resource.zip and renamed the unzipped one but this had no effect to the placement of the missile launchers. I used the heavy corvette setup as a template for nulls and it´s .ini for mountpoints.

Almost forgot it - I think I saw the same anomaly in the Assembly mod where you also get an armed City freighter.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9903 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic I´m wordless...
I don't know about the other stuff (I didn't look at the pics), but there should be no difference in any files when unzipped from resource.zip. That does sound strange.

Anyway, here's some useful info: The priorities assigned to resource files are, from highest to lowest; uncompressed folders in the mod directory, compressed folders in the mod directory, the resource.zip file. This makes mod developement a little easier. You can put your whole mod folder into the mod directory and work on it easily. Then when you're finished, you can compress it to a zip for distribution and such.

I've just looked at the unzipped heavy corvette setup in Lightwave and the missile nulls are where they should be. I think the problem must be in the INI. As I think MajorTom may have already mentioned, if the null key in the INI file is screwed up in some way (wrong path, caps error, etc.), the location defaults to the pivot point of the ship. Which in this case would be the center, as it doesn't have a root null (not all ships have a root null). Did you change the INI file at all?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 11 months ago #9919 by Vladimir
No, I didn´change the .ini file. I re-checked this problem today: extracted the heavy corvette setup again and overwrote the old one, unfortunately. Because now this anomaly doesn´t show up. It is also quite impossible that I unwittingly changed the setup because I didn´t uncheck the read-only property, only renamed the file a couple of times.