My feelings on the Star Wars mod.

More
20 years 1 week ago #9591 by Shane
MajorTom: I'm using icCargoPod, since I just switched out the avatar for the custom reactor I was working on (had everything set up with the Sandbox).

I'll try icInertSim. Worth a shot. :D

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 week ago #9592 by MajorTom
How much does a 160 km dimater Cargo Pod of Zero Brew weigh?[?] [^]

Man! Not even flux can figure that out! [:0] :D

Watch out! pretty soon they'll be calling you "Mr. Cargo Pod Fixer Upper" ;)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
20 years 1 week ago #9593 by Shane

How much does a 160 km dimater Cargo Pod of Zero Brew weigh?

I don't know, but it'd be a hell of a party keg. :D

icInertSim doesn't work either. There's apparently some other data feature pulled from the collision hull. I bet we're topping out the some unknown integer and rolling over. That might explain the strange error which displays on the HUD.

We're gonna have to section this baby up. But, that's probably a good thing anyway... more detail, less work for the processor. As a bonus, the sections can use the same textures (except for the dish).

MajorTom, if I create the sections and collision hulls, would you be willing to write the POG needed to place them when the player is a certain distance? I won't surface anything yet, just get the forms and CH's together and we'll see if it works. Willing? :)

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 1 week ago #9594 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Shane

MajorTom, if I create the sections and collision hulls, would you be willing to write the POG needed to place them when the player is a certain distance? I won't surface anything yet, just get the forms and CH's together and we'll see if it works. Willing? :)

Yep!

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
20 years 1 week ago #9596 by Shane
Okie-dokie. :D Thanks.

I'll work on the model tomorrow and then start sectioning it up.

More
20 years 1 week ago #9597 by Second Chance

SecondChance, could you do me a huge favor?

Hey Shane, sure thing. I'll do some experimenting and try to confirm your data.

I'm not sure if it will help in this particular case, but Steve Robertson told me that the dimension data in the INI's works with the collision detection and collision warning. What length, width and height did you make the Death Star in it's INI?

The determination for LOD model does not seem to be surface oriented.

I'm pretty sure that using the surface would be insanity for a real-time game.

This may not help us now, but here's an awsome article on how a guy made a basic real-time simulation that flies directly from space onto the surface of a detailed planet. All using dynamic fractal LOD's.
www.gamasutra.com/features/20010302/oneil_01.htm

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4