file Mod dead?

More
15 years 3 months ago #16812 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Mod dead?
Not dead, not really. Going through a slow phase though as there is really only two of us doing anything of note with it at the moment. Summer holidays (well it is in my part of the world) should see some more progress.

Main activities being planned are:
* bug killing
* some balance testing (a variation on bugs really)
* continuing work on making Operations deal with player culling more intelligently. Specifically around giving operations hold state on the ships and their types assigned to it
* finishing off the Mercenary Operation to allow the player to continue to hire ships

Once those coding tasks are done and unit tested to my satisfaction I'll see what else ready/needing to be done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #16826 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Mod dead?
I am the other guy. Slow phase, but we make steady progress. Bug killing is the main issue for me, but I am unable to solve most of them, only point them out for the hapless Joco to fix in code. He has done fantastic work on the Operations. Everything has really come such a long way. I think pretty much anyone who has every played or followed TS would be surprised at what we have now.

More
14 years 9 months ago #16889 by Exanimous
Replied by Exanimous on topic Mod dead?
Cricket, Cricket, where have you gone? There has been no update on torn stars for long!

More
14 years 9 months ago #16891 by cambragol
I am working on putting out a playable version of our latest build. Progress has ground to a halt, but I am still here. Keep posted, as I will have it up in a day or two.

More
14 years 9 months ago #16893 by DarkOne
Replied by DarkOne on topic Mod dead?
So if we compiled from the build area a few weeks ago would we have this version you talking about or should we build it again off of the svn? Right now I am hosting the download on my website and will host the latest build when it gets released.

-D1-

More
14 years 8 months ago #16896 by cambragol
Wow, someone is actually using the svn! I need to give that a little more publicity.

In answer to your question, we are updating the build daily, trying to get it to a 'playable' state. Things had been removed in the interm, and the game that you have hosted now is totally screwed. Many basic features, like buying weapons, and hiring ships, and getting fuel, are not working, so the game is impossible. We are waiting for one last feature fix, and it will be playable again, albeit with a few bugs.

So rebuild in a few weeks, or once I announce.