Fuel

More
17 years 3 months ago #15955 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Fuel
refuel ships at Lpoints...interesting suggestion! Though JT is right. It would be foolish at most lpoints. But not those that are regularly patrolled, in 'safe' space, such as in the Leung Empire, Emerald Alliance etc. In fact..once we tidy up US, Jon and I already have some big plans for some of those major Lpoints, plans that would mesh well with a fuel ship present at them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #15957 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Fuel
Another class of fuel ships is a good solution. There should never be fuel ships near mines however (otherwise there will be fuel ships way out in unexplored space). Should I change the Nav screen to include the very common fuel ships? Or should we leave that feature to pinpoint the less expensive tankers?

More
17 years 3 months ago #15959 by cambragol
I will make a new class based off the small fuel ship hull, then place it around many stations types, excluding mines. It is up to you if we need it on the Nav screen. Likely not needed. Are you currently including the cheaper class of ship in the Nav screen? It might be best to include the two more expensive classes and let the cheaper one be discovered by inquisitive players

More
17 years 3 months ago #15993 by cambragol
JT, are you sure that you are not seeing fuel tankers at most stations? I just looked back over the setup files, and it looks like GrandpaTrout added a third class of fuel ships to most stations in this release. They should be there at most stations. Only a tiny handful don't have any. All processing type stations should have one. It should be difficult NOT to find a refuel ship. The only thing that is not working in this current release is all refuel ships will charge you the same amount for fuel. Only faction standing will be a factor in the price. Friendly factions will give you a significant price cut, whereas unfriendly will gouge you terribly.

*EDIT* Nevermind, on a second pass I noticed the problem. I am making changes now.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16017 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Fuel
Tangential to the fuel topic, does pumping fuel from liquefied fuel pods work? Because I'm fairly sure it doesn't. I gave my *Fuel Dude* orders to drain a pod of fuel, and he drains the pod but doesn't gain any fuel. =)

"Why, yes, I would like you to drain the fuel into space." ;-)

This is a public service announcement: Please look through all six degrees of freedom before crossing the L-point.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16026 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Fuel
What you didn't want that fuel flushed into space? You need to be more specific about these things!

Ok, found that bug, fixed it. It will be in the next release.