Constant crashing

More
17 years 4 months ago #18925 by HellNY
Constant crashing was created by HellNY
Im playing this interesting mod but it keeps crashing. This happens about once every 30 minutes to an hour. It says the loader.exe has problems or something.

In addition, I press "escape" to try to change some options and after that I can never rise teh ships computer screen again. This also makes it impossible to save the game in any situation.

In both the above cases, the result is extremely frustrating in that all the profits you have made since your last save are gone. This means you have to save almost every trade, which requires a long docking process or an approximately equally long trip out to nowhere to save.

Is there something I can do to reduce the crashes? When I downloaded this mod I also included all the add-ons from teh TORN stars website in a single zip bundle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15816 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Constant crashing
Both of these bugs are addressed in Unstable Space (alas, not yet released). The escape keypress bug has no fix, we were forced to disable that keybind.

The reason for the crashes is that the stations are too close to the planets. The autopilot seems to crash when it steers around the planets. Typically, the crashes will happen when you fly around a planet with a few wingmen in tow. We solved the issue by moving all the stations a few planet radii further out (so enjoy the closeup planet views, cause they are going away)

The easiest workaround is to set course for the other station, start heading that direction, hit f5 when halfway, save, and continue on.

We will be releasing USpace this winter, and it plays much smoother. It is feedback like yours that helped us find and fix the bugs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.