eDrones of Epitaph video

More
17 years 4 months ago #18905 by cambragol
Well, I thought it was long overdue to give everyone a glimpse of something that has been ready and working for some time. Thanks to the work of Shane Maness, the edrones and eAMP's of Epitpah are now atmosphere of the game with their unique style and flare (or should I say 'beams'). The eDrones and their 'mother ships' the eAMP were originally automated mining equipment that was refitted for battle during the War of Dissolution. Once the war finished there was noone left who knew how, or perhaps wanted to, shut down the now quite deadly 'equipment'. So it has been left to it's own devices, essentially, terminating anyone and anything that ventures into the Epitaph system. Only the outlaw pirate faction, known as the Gargoyles, has found a way to avoid the 'Machines' predations.

So I present a little video showing the fate of myself whilst trying to venture across the system. Forgive the quality of the video clip as most of my time is bogged down in bug-hunting and actually making the mod. The image below is a direct link to a high quailty avi. Or you can go to www.torn-stars.com and view it via the flash player below.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15724 by JT
Replied by JT on topic eDrones of Epitaph video
Snazzy production values. =)

What song is that?

It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their behavior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. (off-screen baa-ing) Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as...plummet.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15725 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic eDrones of Epitaph video
Glad you liked the snaziness! That song is the intro to the main theme for a classic of RPG's...Planescape Torment.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15728 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic eDrones of Epitaph video
If yer gonna add enemies like that (especially ones that're so ridiculously mobile) isn't it fair that some of the weaponry that's been removed for play balance be restored..? Hell, make 'em outrageously expensive, but turret fighters (or a VERY agile ship) would really be called for. >.<

More
17 years 4 months ago #15729 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic eDrones of Epitaph video
Actually, they are not that mobile. No more, mobile than a Heavy Corvette. Patcoms can out maneuver them with ease. The eDrones are very big. Slightly larger than an HC really. A well equiped player, (equiped with the weapons currently offered in the Middle States) can quite handily fend off a slightly larger force of eDrones. It is when a AMP shows up and starts launching eDrones that trouble really starts.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15731 by tak
Replied by tak on topic eDrones of Epitaph video
good model, i liked the lighting on it, thrusters and all. nice work.