Player Equipment Inventory?

More
17 years 5 months ago #15697 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Player Equipment Inventory?
I think someone else had a nice suggestion some time ago -- allow repairs and refueling anywhere, but allow only one or two different kinds of stations to give you a discount on those repairs. Players who want the convenience will just re[pair/arm/fuel] anywhere, but players who want the best price will hunt down the best stations. For the players who want a more engaging game, going to the dedicated stations to rewhatever would give them more encounter opportunities with more varied traffic. For the players who just want to play around, rewhatevering anywhere would allow them to remain interested.

It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their behavior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. (off-screen baa-ing) Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as...plummet.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15699 by cambragol
I think that was Shane. And that is pretty much what we have done with fuel. You can get fuel at most (though not all) stations, but it is pricey. Heading to certain stations, for the inquisitive player, will pay off with reductions in cost.

Having done it that way, I would setup repairs in a similar fashion. There would be certain repair ships lurking around most stations willing to fix/restock you at a steep price. Head off the beaten path a bit and you could find someone willing to do it for much less.

It is a good solution, and the way to go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.