So happy to have found Torn Stars

More
17 years 6 months ago #18873 by Generis71
Hi guys..

Wow, I thought IWar2 was dead. But I am so glad I'm wrong. I've always liked IWar2 as it feels nice and "real". The flight model, the jump phases (LDS and Capsule) just fit right. They feel real.
The ships, the visual look thru the cockpit.
I checked out the video for Capsule Space and I was blown away. Brilliant!! Now thats gonna make flying even better. You will feel really part of the process of flying thru space, and in between space.

I salute you guys :)

Generis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15527 by cambragol
Hi Generis71, and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you enjoyed the capsule space video. I have to agree on you about all points regarding Iwar2. It just feels right. And I hope that our additions to the game in Unstable Space will make it feel even more 'right'.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15635 by tak

So happy to have found Torn Stars

Same here :)
It looks like the game i was dreaming about since i was 3feet high, playing asteroids in pubs :D

Now off to actually play it.
(i'm just beginning, and stuck with the following dilemna : am i really going to sell the cargo i managed to steal for scrap... Nominal value 16000... Scrap value 500 arghhhh)

More
17 years 5 months ago #15638 by cambragol
Lots and lots of asteroids to come in Unstable Space...stay tuned.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15649 by tak
i saw your pics into modelling section :)
It looks really good, and i can't wait to dogfight close to a really BIG asteroid, hedgehopping all along. I miss this in iwar2, everything seems little, even 900m ships. So i was really happy to find your pics.
Same goes for about every major feature of Torn Stars... Or that UnstableSpace will have, if i read well.
When playing the original game, i had some precise grumbles : why can't i save where i want ? Why can't i just sell a pod ? Why isn't it a true free form ? Why don't station reward me something when i shoot off their hostiles ? Why, oh why, didn't they add mining, as in sort of 'battlezone' in space. And i was thinking to the excellent wingmen menu system in battlezone, so easy to use... Hehe.

You can bet i'll stay tuned :)