I cant get anywhere at the start

More
17 years 6 months ago #18869 by wasteful
Okay, i followed the instruction 4 nubs like me from the tutorial. anyways after i hired the wing man, grouped him, and then dock on the station, im suppose to go buy a new ship, which is a tug. However everytime i do it, i get into the hanger screen, and i just cant take off because i dont have certain equipments, like passive sensors. So like wut do i do? if like u guys have no clue, then is there any saves that have the ability that i can take off? cause i'm not getting anywhere everytime i buy the tug. oh btw i dl everything, the mod, the 14.6 patch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15512 by GrandpaTrout
Hi Wasteful,
That is a know bug with Torn Stars. The problem happens if you click "New Game" twice without shutting down to desktop. So do this, start the game, press "new game". Once you are in the new game, dock to the station and save. After that, you will be fine.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15513 by wasteful
so i dont follow the tutorial and just dock to the station and do w/e(like hire wingment...ect) later???

More
17 years 6 months ago #15514 by GrandpaTrout
You can do it either way (follow tutorial or dock straight to station). But you cannot start a new game, then choose to exit that game and start another new game.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15515 by wasteful
k thanx alot. if things doesnt work, i'll know where to go next.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15833 by Rampant
Greetings, I suppose I will just save space by posting my problem here, as the title explains my problem well.

It seems that when I start out, I am lacking certain thrusters on my pod, notably the yaw, pitch, and roll. I care little for this, as I assume it is a pod I will not be owning for much longer. However, when I use the AutoDock to dock with the nearby station, the thrusters are able to strafe me over the "bottom" of the station, but then simply leaves me there, not docking and judging by my first-person cockpit view, my pod is trying to turn itself.

At any rate it will not let me dock with the station. Is this a known bug? Do I have a faulty install/patch that has left my pod lacking certain thruster abilities? Am I completely missing something in the tutorial HTML file that explains this? I have checked my controls in the .CFG and it doesn't seem to be a simple configuration issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I look forward to actually being able to play this.