Whats this?

More
17 years 10 months ago #15302 by Slick
Replied by Slick on topic Whats this?
hmm, I'll check those games out. Is there the inertial flight in them? Thats what I like the best about the I-War series.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15303 by Canute
Replied by Canute on topic Whats this?
Eve-online is the biggest of these 3 games. But you only command the ship, you dont fly it self. But believe me there is enough action there :-)

The others are like I-wars, you are flying the craft self and need to aim with your front weapons. The flight physic is more like driving cars then flying a spacecraft :-)

There is another game, Dark Space, its more a Scenario MMO about Space-War. But it got real good flight-physics.

I think look for these games at www.mmorpg.com for more detais, download the client and test them out.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15304 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Whats this?

Originally posted by Slick

Hello!
I just discovered this site (this forum and the Torn Stars downloads).
So I have a few questions:
#1: These are downloads that allow further game play and finishing EoC?
#2: Are these new downloads played on the Internet with real people or are they just single player stuff?
#3: If this is not an Internet game download then is there someplace to go so I can play EoC on the net? And if there is do people play it a lot?
#4: If the answer is "NO" to questions #2 and #3, is there a co-op options so I can play EoC with friends all the way through?

I am sorry if my questions are dump but I am new :)

If you're referring specifically to Torn Stars, and not to the I-War2.com community, then the answers are slightly different:

#1: Torn Stars is a near-total conversion of Edge of Chaos. It overwrites your Edge of Chaos install and installs its own brand new cluster. (You can usually make two separate installations of I-War2 and then install Torn Stars over top one of them.) So in the strictest sense, no, you can't really play it "after" Edge of Chaos because it replaces Edge of Chaos, as opposed to adding content to the original game. Technically one should have at least a marginal amount of experience in Edge of Chaos before they play Torn Stars, because you need to have a grasp of how the gameplay works before you can play Torn Stars (Torn Stars' tutorial assumes the player knows how to fly the ship and only teaches how to use the new features). However, you don't need to have finished EoC in order to enjoy Torn Stars (I'm only halfway through Act 2 myself).

#2: Torn Stars is single-player only.

#3: (Answered by another poster)

#4: (Answered by another poster)

I'm fairly sure you know most of this and are asking in general, but since you're posting on the Torn Stars section of the I-War2.com boards I figured I'd point it out. ;-)

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15307 by Slick
Replied by Slick on topic Whats this?

Originally posted by JT

Originally posted by Slick

Hello!
I just discovered this site (this forum and the Torn Stars downloads).
So I have a few questions:
#1: These are downloads that allow further game play and finishing EoC?
#2: Are these new downloads played on the Internet with real people or are they just single player stuff?
#3: If this is not an Internet game download then is there someplace to go so I can play EoC on the net? And if there is do people play it a lot?
#4: If the answer is "NO" to questions #2 and #3, is there a co-op options so I can play EoC with friends all the way through?

I am sorry if my questions are dump but I am new :)

If you're referring specifically to Torn Stars, and not to the I-War2.com community, then the answers are slightly different:

#1: Torn Stars is a near-total conversion of Edge of Chaos. It overwrites your Edge of Chaos install and installs its own brand new cluster. (You can usually make two separate installations of I-War2 and then install Torn Stars over top one of them.) So in the strictest sense, no, you can't really play it "after" Edge of Chaos because it replaces Edge of Chaos, as opposed to adding content to the original game. Technically one should have at least a marginal amount of experience in Edge of Chaos before they play Torn Stars, because you need to have a grasp of how the gameplay works before you can play Torn Stars (Torn Stars' tutorial assumes the player knows how to fly the ship and only teaches how to use the new features). However, you don't need to have finished EoC in order to enjoy Torn Stars (I'm only halfway through Act 2 myself).

#2: Torn Stars is single-player only.

#3: (Answered by another poster)

#4: (Answered by another poster)

I'm fairly sure you know most of this and are asking in general, but since you're posting on the Torn Stars section of the I-War2.com boards I figured I'd point it out. ;-)[/i]

Thanx, I was referring to the Torn Stars. I am pretty much a super veteran when it comes to the I-War series ;) Haven’t had time to check out any of the suggested games you guys have posted but I will after the weekend (I'm bartending for over a hundred people by myself and the best part is I'm only 18!). No one has really answered my second question yet though...
Are the people making these updates to I-War performing these independently or is it the original crew still working on the game? Just curious...

More
17 years 10 months ago #15308 by Canute
Replied by Canute on topic Whats this?
Did you check the Torn-Space website ? (click at Torn space at top right ) and you see they are still working on it.
But they just doing it as hobby, they want add an update at May, but no lifesign so far.

More
17 years 10 months ago #15310 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Whats this?
There's a new post on the Torn Stars site detailing what's up. Looks like we'll have to wait to get our fix of spacedrug... I mean, spacesim.

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.