How to Freetrade?

More
18 years 4 months ago #18679 by Cenebar
How to Freetrade? was created by Cenebar
Somehow I can't get into the ATARI forums even when registering... [:(] I haven't been there in over a year.

I still have my Edge of Chaos game (finished it long ago) and wish to reinstall it. I remember a mod called Freetrader, but never installed it, so...

Is there a way to jump to the end of the game (even by cheating) and just freetrade with all the cool ships and advanced weapons, or do I need to play through all the missions to get to the end? [xx(]

I want to be totally independent of the missions. Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14486 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic How to Freetrade?
Sure. Go to www.i-war2.com/downloads_6.htm and download the Begin Free Form savegame. Place that in your savegame folder.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14487 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic How to Freetrade?
Hi Cenebar! Welcome to the forum. Great to see a familiar name from the Starship Modeller site over here too.

Just so you know, the EoC free roam or freefrom game allows you to go anywhere pirate and steal, but the universe doesn't react to your activity in any way. There are no scripted events (other than traffic) or missions. Also, getting from one cluster to another using the jump gate is a little tricky. Check out the FAQ at this forum, or over at the Atari site.

Torn Stars is a great free form trading total conversion game that you have to try, but it will install over your other EoC install, so make separate install directories, or follow the directions in the Torn Stars forum to avoid writing over your previous EoC game. Either way, have fun.

More
18 years 4 months ago #14488 by Cenebar
Replied by Cenebar on topic How to Freetrade?
Thanks, both. So if I load Free Roam, that means I have all the ships and the plasma weapons if I jump directly into the Free Roam, correct? I don't need to go through the missions to accumulate weapons, stats, cargo and money? I don't have EoC on my PC right now, nor do I have any saved games.

I downloaded Middle States Support just yesterday. Are there any issues with this mod, or is another mod preferred? All I care to do with EoC right now after install is to explore, fight, trade, and hopefully get new weapons (which I heard Free Form doesn't allow for newer weapons---only trading for money).

Sorry for asking all these questions. It's been over a year since I played EoC and visted the EoC forums. Thanks.

More
18 years 3 months ago #14502 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic How to Freetrade?

Originally posted by Cenebar

All I care to do with EoC right now after install is to explore, fight, trade, and hopefully get new weapons (which I heard Free Form doesn't allow for newer weapons---only trading for money).

If that is all you are looking to do, Torn Stars would definitely fill your plate. There are no major issues with it. I think it would provide a better experience than Free Roam, which is rather limited in it's possibilities.