Epic Middle States Update

More
18 years 11 months ago #12985 by GrandpaTrout
No, keybinds are not supported. Thrusters still activate when operating the menu, etc. I think that comes from the way all the screens were normally used inside the base. We are really using the engine in ways it was never designed. And those flaws show through here and there. Sadly, this will always have the rough edges of a mod.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12986 by Shire
Replied by Shire on topic Epic Middle States Update
Shame :\

well, I'm happy with at least some binds to hasten the mass selling, which I figure it will go later in the game.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12987 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Epic Middle States Update
I will be tweaking the economy initially, building the traderoutes, setting prices etc. I aim to make good profit very very difficult to achieve without extensive exploration. There will be many viable traderoutes for any one cargo type. However, of those many will be unprofitable for large haulers, and downright disastrous for small time traders. It will take a fair bit of exploration and note-taking to pin down the best and most profitable routes. And those routes may change over time, depending on what happens in the cluster or how much trade is being conducted along a certain route.
Adding a notepad in game would be nice, but not really necessary. Nor likely doable. Still good suggestions overall. I even echoed you on a few points, particularly the sell all feature. I agree with Grandpatrout about the limited amounts of cargo. I don't think there will be much crossclicking going on, but it is something to watch for, as it has been a peeve in many other games I have played.
Having actual cargo pods in game which need to be picked up, moved about and delivered is very very cool. I was amazed the first time I made a delivery. Sooooo much more satisfying than moving some digits in your virtual 'cargo bay'. I think most people will enjoy this aspect of the trading. Adds a layer to the immersion.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12988 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Epic Middle States Update
And if I have my way "there be pirates!!" :D

Should help dampen those $$ hungry types. ;)

More
18 years 11 months ago #13027 by Jafs
Replied by Jafs on topic Epic Middle States Update
Hi, I'm new here, I was wondering 2 things:
1. Will this mod be on-line capabile? I would lovce to actually hire a person to guard me so I can make my routes :D

2. How much will these cargo ships cost?

Edit: after seeing the screen, I can tell that there is a currency system is in place... sometimes I usually don't look at the details too much :\

Cal, when are we gonna get somethin' cool?

Cal, when are we gonna get somethin' cool?

More
18 years 11 months ago #13028 by GrandpaTrout
Hi Jafs, nice to see new members still showing up!

This mod is not on-line capable. Your going to be hiring freighters and guarding them. Much like Privateer2. The prices on ships and cargo are still being adjusted. The mod still has a bunch of development to finish. Once all the features are done and we get into beta test I will be more confident giving a release date. In the next few months at the longest.