Bases, cargo and inventory

More
19 years 1 month ago #12651 by cambragol
If you look at the Buda5 main Gui they found a way to run a text message up from the bottom of the screen much like what happens when you click on a mod in the extras folder and its description scrolls up. This text is outside of the 400 by 400 area. Not sure how they did it though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12652 by GrandpaTrout
That text is just HTML files found in resource/html/prison/jaffs.html (for example). All you would need to do is replace that text, and tada!

More
19 years 1 month ago #12654 by cambragol
Yes, but how do I know which one to refer to or change? There is none that loads up when the game start, so I wouldn't know which to change.

nevermind, figured it out. heh

oops, think again, actually it is not working for me. Changing any of those html files doesn't effect the start screen, as far as I can see

More
19 years 1 month ago #12655 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Bases, cargo and inventory
well share man! Which "thing" did you have to change? I like information :) Give me info overload dammit! ROFL

More
19 years 1 month ago #12656 by cambragol
Well, I guess modifying the files that GrandpaTrout mentioned does work. They only show up for me after I have navigated through a few options menus. So, sadly it won't be very effective in being a source of information for the player, as usually it would not show up when loading the game. As far as I can see anyways.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12659 by GrandpaTrout
I guess I don't understand how it is going badly. Does the HTML not show up until you you enable the mod? Does the HTML not show up until after you enable the mod and then enter other screens? Does the HTML not show up until after you enable the mod and then quit and restart?

Perhaps the load screen loads these items before a search for mod parts can begin. If that is the case, you should be able to work around the problem by replacing the files in the resources folder. Let me know if that works for you. It would not be ideal, but I think that Buda5 did quite a bit of resource overwriting.